Golf GTI Suspension on Elegance?

There's some Mk5 Gold GTI suspension for sale close to home. It's done 8,000km so i assume the shocks are still good for 30,000-40,000km.

The package includes shocks, springs, tophats & swaybars. Price is a couple of days pay & he'll seperate the swaybars from the other stuff with price adjustment if needed ($350 for shocks & springs; $150 for the swaybars)

Questions:

1. Will the GTI shocks / springs bolt straight into an Octy2 Elegance spec sedan?
  2. Any idea how much it will drop?
  3. Will the swaybars bolt straight in?
  4. Any idea of the swaybar diameter difference between Octy & GTI? I assume they are both same material (hollow or solid rod).
  5. Is the front swaybar a cow to change?
  6. Anything else I should consider?

I'm thinking the spring rates might not be perfect but near enough (Octy heavier at the rear?)

TIA

I would have thought the spring rates would give you problems....

Because of the Octys fat bum the rears would be inclined to squat too much with a load on board?

Or front as well? Assuming front of a GTI is the same weight as an RS and I have the 1.8TSI which I think is a few kg lighter....... or have I missed something?

Does anyone know the various spring rates of the standard springs? (Elegance, vRs, etc?)