Haslemere Way

Banbury

OX16 5TY

Tel: 01295 250141

Services: Repair only

Edited by DGW
Details checked

• 5 years later...

When my EGR failed last week, this is where the car and I ended up.  I cannot fault the friendly and efficient service I received from the staff there, who had the car back on the road within 24 hours having done the strip-down in the afternoon in advance of the part arriving overnight leaving only the reassembly. And given it a full valet!

The service provided by them, the Skoda break-down service, the Skoda warranty team and the Skoda mobility team (who sourced a BMW Tourer so that I could transport the trainee guide dog I'm looking after) was exemplary. 

BTW, they seem to be trading as Listers now.

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to give credit to Listers Banbury for an excellent servicing experience over the past 4 years or so.  I had my Mk1 VRS petrol serviced here a couple of times, followed by my Mk2 VRS TDI which was serviced 7 times over 3.5 years and 80k miles.

I've never had any complaints about the work carried out, needless work or pricing.  They even proactively dealt with a couple of common Mk2 issues that occurred a few months after the end of the warranty (A/C Compressor failure, and a swirl flap motor issue which came back after being initially dealt with under warranty).  The compressor episode just involved paying for labour - I didn't even get a chance to draft my complaint letter to Skoda about the A/C compressor being not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act!

There are other nice touches too - a courtesy call the day before a service to remind me, and again afterwards to check all was fine.  The car is collected/dropped off from my home, and has a free wash/vacuum as part of the deal.  And the guys are really friendly - I usually deal with Julian.

I've now moved onto a Golf R estate which will be serviced @ Listers too.

I have no connection with these guys, but have been impressed enough to drop an email to head office - not something I do very often!  Apologies if this sounds like a commercial, but like I said, credit where it's due.

Edited by RussellJ