Lowering by 15-20mm - Is it possiable?

Hai,

Pretty new to this website so I'm trying to keep it simple. I'm looking to lower my 2001 Fabia Elegnace (hatch) by around 15-20mm as so for it not to look 'modded' just enough that I and anyone with a keen eye could tell.

I've seen the Eibach kits for around £140 which lower the car by around 20-30mm.

I was just woundering if in the infinite wisdom of Briskoda anyone has found other brands of springs which will be more towards the drop I'm after.

PS: It would be ideal if the coating was also black as so not to drawer attention to the completly black car.

.H4.

Id say from lookin on here and researching various springs/coilovers etc, the Eibachs will give you the look your after. The 20-30mm is a drop on a standard fabias ride hight, which is already rather high. This would give you the look of "its different but i dont know why" kinda look to anyone without a trained eye. Have you looked through the stance thread?

matt

None of the spring kits ive seen have given the Fabia's a low "modified" look!

They just bring the car a touch so that it looks a little more "right" without being obviously non factory!

Bear in mind that Eibachs drop a vRS 30mm so they would drop an Elegance 40mm. That's a lot. It may even be enough to require a change of shock absorber too.

Have you considered just getting a set of vRS springs? - that would drop you 10mm and it would look like a standard vRS. Cheaper too.

Fair point actually, if Eibach don't do non-vRS specific springs. I have a set of std vRS springs, and shocks if you want those as well. Something to consider; I'll drop you a PM :thumbup:

Steve

Fair point actually, if Eibach don't do non-vRS specific springs. I have a set of std vRS springs, and shocks if you want those as well. Something to consider; I'll drop you a PM :thumbup:

Steve

That sounds like a plan. The vRS springs and shocks are quite a bit stiffer than the Elegance ones so you might well be surprised how much tighter the car feels with the 'stock' suspension fitted.

Eibach do a set for the 1.9tdi hatch, i was trawling the other day for the estate and came across some.

Same price as the VRS set, but designed for the non VRS tdi's so then you would be looking at a 30mm drop :thumbup:

Get it done boyo!