Parking Sensors - recall ?

My sister in law has a Roomster 3 58 plate and has just been in for a service.

The dealer Sparshatts of Fareham said a recall needed to be done on her parking sensors.

Have not been able to find any sort of recall on VOSA or here in the threads.

My Superb seems to have the same sensors so I am curious but have not had chance to quiz the dealer yet. I must admit I said to my better half yesterday the bleeps from my sensors seem to be getting quieter.

Hope someone knows the answer or how to find out.

Regards Dave

It is a software recall, so my dealer tells me, aparently they tell you that you are right up against something when you arent. I never had a problem with them but they did the software update anyway. Nothing to worry about I'm sure.

I shouldn't think that it is recall as they are not safety critical. It's more like Skoda have found a fault with their product and have instigated a campaign to get it fixed whilst the car is on a scheduled workshop visit.

The dealer has used the term recall, either because they are ignorant of recall procedure (importer informs VOSA, requests owners details from DVLA, mailshots owners in batches, importer monitors take up rate, re sends letters until the take up rate reaches a certain percentage at which they can close the recall). or they want to make it sound more important than what it really is, so that they can be sure of some warranty revenue without the risk of a chargeback.

When it goes in can you get all the details for this sticky?

http://briskoda.net/roomster/service-update-notices/132918/