fabia coolant leak help!

hey all just looking for some advice, seems i sprung a coolant leak and i couldnt find it after trying all the usual things like a torn hose or a loose fitting hose, so i got underneath and took the bellypan off, still couldnt track down the leak,, now i can hear you all say head to a garage and bite the bullet, but i had a really bad experience at my main dealers last year and it was a coolant leak also but it was more hassle than i care to remember,, so for my own sake i wanna be a little bit pre paired going in this time around,,

seems i found the source of the leak, it has really gotten worse over the last week so it was easier to spot, i took the engine cover off and i found quite a leak running from what i assumed is the waterpump, i have post the pics below, seems the coolant is leaking from the hole in the second pic,

is that the waterpump?

and is it just a replacment needed,

any and all help would be greatfully appreciated,:thumbup:

engine.jpg

pump.jpg

That's your thermostat housing, not your water pump so you're OK there. I would advise getting the uprated part from Jorily or similar. Dead easy job, just a bit of a faff having to drain the coolant... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

well guys i dropped my car into a back street mechanic, big deal for me as Skoda have always serviced and repaired my fabia, but they royally phucked up my engine and i lost complete faith in them even tho they replaced my 8 yr old engine with a spanking new one, the rig ma role i went thru was unreal, hence my decision, any how apart from the leak i had a broken wishbone and she was due for a service, so i made the decision to use a back street mec that was recommended by a couple of people, turns out it was a great decision, i got a full service,wishbone replaced,new thermostat housing, he had the car for 6hrs rang me to collect her, all tol he billed me 235 euros, which is 200 Sterling, not bad me thinks for the work carried out! happy daze!

thanks for the heads up on what was wrong ap0gee.