Superb's going to go

kprm77

Nothing to do with the car :) I got made redundant so it will be going back.... eventually. Good thing is I get use of it until the end of the redundancy period - which is the end of January 2005!

Doubt it'll even make it's first service under my "ownership". Only done 4800 miles now. I would have had it for just over 6 months by then :eek:

I'll then have to buy my own car with my own dosh :eek: Nothing as expensive as a Superb though - I would have another, but not a diesel.

I've just never had a diesel before - I really dislike the cloud of smoke when you floor it. Bit of a false economy too unless you do millions of miles - they attract a premium over their petrol counterparts, so what you save on the purchase price, might just make up for the lower mpg of a petrol! I'd go for a 1.8T or even a 2.8 V6. Not too keen on the diesel clatter either.

Replacement car will only be a couple of grand, so it will be something like a Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo.

Replacement car will only be a couple of grand, so it will be something like a Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo.
Funny you should say that.

My old man had a Saab 9000 2.3 turbo on a J plate. Bought it second hand off a colleague who was changing job (company car) for about