Bolero Radio - Phone functionality

I recently changed my Octavia 4x4 Estate for new Octavia VRS Limited Edition, and am trying to work out if there are any phone connection kits out there (wired or bluetooth) which will allow the telephone functionality within the Bolero touch screen radio to be used.

I've spoken to both my Skoda dealer and Skoda UK, who say there isnt which seems a little odd and it seems a shame that I need to bolt on an aftermarket piece of kit when the Bolero radio handbook shows some great phone tools built in.

I'm now considering a Parrot handsfree to get me going, but before I do this I wondered if anyone has any experience of this radio, or can offer any help?

Thanks

Hi, I originally had the same idea but after several weeks of searching came up with nothing, so i've ended up installing a parrot kit - which i have to say is great but it is a shame there isn't something that will integrate with the Bolero. Cheers Andy

I installed a Parrot CK3100 - it looks pretty neat - i put the display on the bottom right of the clock binnacle - just above from the headlight aim adjuster. I put all the electronics in the centre console under the storage bin. Took about an hour to install - you'll have to buy an SOT adaptor lead i got mine from nexxia - part no was an 06-132B

Skoda Car Kit Installation

The only headache was finding a iginition switched live feed, in the end i've put a small switch under the dash.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I got a Fiscon pro kit and had it fitted and its the dogs ***&^!s. Full touch screen functionality through the Bolero for £300 :o)

Skoda dealer have agreed to do the Coding which will also enable use through the MFD so a bonus.

Thanks for the help on this.

I picked up my vrs tdi ltd edition 4 days ago and love it .........apart from no bluetooth phone through the bolero (as you know)

pls tell me more of how you got there - looking on vrs.com, I don't want to dismantle my new pride and joy just to take a call from the boss at work or the boss at home!!

was it costly.....if its too much i'll get a parrot type unit, it just a shame if its not integrated with the otherwise brilliant bolero unit

hope u can help

sillypete

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i got the FISCON kit fitted and it is very very good, Using it with iPhone 3G, offers full functionality, address book, touch screen dialling on the Bolero display etc.

Will also allow Blutooth audio from the iphone to play throught the Bolero, audio quality is not great but that is a limitation of the blutooth bandwidth, although podcasts and spoken materials sound fine as does any TV feeds over 3G etc (but not when you are driving!!)

Unlike the Parrot kit there are no visible boxes or controls.

Have tried other phones out of interest and all seem to work well.

Richter Sport in Milton Keynes fitted mine in 1 hour and did a very good job, also their support is very good.