Anyone got a CD Changer fitted?

Hey folks. Ordered a CD Changer for my sony HU from ebay the other day and just wondering where I am best fitting it?

Somewhere in the boot would be better for me as fitting under one of the seats may be difficult due to my puddle lights and the wiring connectors for the heated seats.

It comes with a bracket that would allow me to mount on the underside of the parcel shelf but would prefer to not have it there so I can take the shelf out without faff!

Thanks

Phil

on the back of one of the rear seats is best i'd say, make sure you twist the dials on the sides so that the arrows point upwards in whatever oreintation you fit it in (it will be obvious when you see it)

Oh yeh... never thought of that!

Thanks

I'm sure it will be obvious but sounds random at the moment! lol

Will have a look when I get it and see where it will fit!

Phil

I bought a Grundig unit to complement the original radio. It's on the left as you open the boot between the suspension strut and the near edge of the boot - parallel to the side of the car. The unit is screwed to the floor with supplied brackets and the disc magazine is loaded from the top. The arrangement is fine. The unit is like a narrow tower so if the rear seats need to be dropped and the parcel shelf removed it isn't in the way. The boot carpet just folds up on the left to give it room and the job looks neat.

I bought a Grundig unit to complement the original radio. It's on the left as you open the boot between the suspension strut and the near edge of the boot - parallel to the side of the car. The unit is screwed to the floor with supplied brackets and the disc magazine is loaded from the top. The arrangement is fine. The unit is like a narrow tower so if the rear seats need to be dropped and the parcel shelf removed it isn't in the way. The boot carpet just folds up on the left to give it room and the job looks neat.

Mine is also in this place, works a treat and cables come up dead easy next to it if you run them own the passenger side kick plates.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been given a 2001 VAG 6 cartridge CD changer - does anyone know if this will connect up to the original cassette player in a felicia, and if so is there a standard connection cable?

Local Halfords were less than helpful.....

• 2 weeks later...

Right... well after weeks of faffing about and receiving a dud cd changer the seller has finally sent me a different one out.

It is a different model and slightly longer but works like a charm and still holds 10 discs. Don't know how I lived with out one before. It's great to just skip through the discs so easily now.

Got it fitted to the underside of the parcel shelf so it's out the way and won't get knocked by stuff going in and out of the boot and if things should happen to role around while doing some 'gentle' cornering.

Phil