front shocks for felicia

I have a 1.9 diesel pickup that needs some new shocks for the fronts. Just looking for standard items and the cheapest possible.

So where is the best place to get them and whats the lowest price i will be paying?? :o

Are they the same for all the engine sizes or are they all the same??

Help and quick help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

The catalogue here WebCat 3 says they are the same whatever engine size. They used to keep turning up cheap on ebay all the time but can't see any at the moment.

If you don't have ABS then you don't need the clip for the sensor wire on the shock absorber and Favorit ones would also fit ok. These are the cheapest I can find.... Skoda Favorit or pickup 1.3 shock absorbers suspension on eBay (end time 12-Aug-09 11:05:33 BST) £52 a pair delivered.

Your other option is these... Skoda Felicia 1.9 Diesel Front Shock Absorber - £39.99 : Skoda Parts, Jorily, The Skoda Parts Shop - Probably the UKs largest independent skoda parts supplier which state they are specifically for the 1.9d at £91.98 a pair delivered.

Well i will be fitting these myself. Took my suspension apart on the front to find out that the shocks are dead as dead can be. Cups look like they are ready to drop off too so i thought i may aswell change them up.

I don't think my car has ABS. It's just the 1.9D pickup which is a T reg and i pretty sure it is the lowest rung on the spec ladder so ABS isn't an issue. Plus i saw no switch in the area that would relate to ABS.

So the favorit ones fit exactly the same?? If they are all te same i may aswell go for the favorit ones. I bet it is one of those situations where you would pay more for the ones described for a bigger engine size but have exactly the same part numbers as the cheaper ones for a smaller engine.

So favorit ones then?? They will be fine??

For the front ones Favorit shocks should fit fine. Only thing I am not 100% sure of is if they will work as intended. The fact Skoda quote loads of different part numbers depending on engine type doesn't help, but that Sachs/Boge lump them all in one gives some hope. I guess most of the strut's job is in the spring though.

Normal favorit/felicia rear shocks may NOT fit though as I believe the pickup has a different rear axle.

So will the favorit shocks fit my pickup and will they be ok?? Why is the shipping weight of the favorit shocks on jorily only 4kg when the shipping weight of the equivelant felicia shock 10kg?? Must be some hefty packaging.

Anyone confirm that the favorit shocks will fit and be ok so i can get on with ordering them.

Thanks!!

Yeah the rear on the pickup is entirely different. I don't get why some companies have all the shocks as being the same. As you say though its only the damping effect and most of the actual suspension is obviously the spring.

Hmm. Would much rather pay £50 odd pound delivered than £90. Budget is tight and i didn't believe my shocks would be in such bad condition. No damping or pressure at all. Nothing!!

Just done my front ones on my felicia 1998 1.3L got them for 78 quid for the pair delivered off e bay the front shocks are all the same fitting for the falicia range 1994-2001 they fit the faverat too

all our Felicia front shock absorbers are £29-99 including the Felicia 1.9 Diesel there is also a sale on at the moment. We also stock the front shocker mounting kits and the pinch bolts. The Favorit front shockers are £24-99. Shipping cost is the same for all shockers.

We also stock the front and rear shock absorber bump stops.

Total price for 2 Favorit front shockers delivered is £57.48

Total prcie for 2 Felicia front shockers delivered is £66.98

and as I said we also have all the parts that you may need when fitting.

http://www.jorily.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_28&products_id=297

There are 5 different front shocks for the Felicia with 2 different damping rates across those 5. The Felicia shockers we sell cover all 5, but the Favorit ones are different and I wouldn't fit them to the pick up.

• 5 years later...