Shiney Rapid

Kieranzxt

Just a couple of shots of my Black Rapid I bought off here a while a go.

A friend of mine runs a detailing / valeting service from a unit in Armley in Leeds, so I pestered him to do his worst with the dull, thin painted Rapid.

This is what i got back:-

polished2.jpg

Polished.jpg

If anybodys interested in having they beast waxed to within an inch of its life get in touch with Dave at "The Devils in the Detail" 07766688417.

He drives an Octavia VRS too...:thumbup:

Nice, very nice. Now the fun is keeping it looking that good...

You planning on re-connecting the heated manifold before the winter

re. the heated manifold comment above, I took my air intake apart in the kitchen sink last weekend, and playing with the wax flap controller, found that for the part 23 years it has not been closing properly due to the intake box being poorly made (the flap was catching on the side), so a little filing away, and it works perfectly. I like DIY mechanics.

Seeing as how you've done the 'double cold intake hose' mod, why not bin the very restrictive wax-stat and its flap, and you've got the works' Gp.A tweak !

Because hes bought my handmade 4 branch CZ manifold and system!!!!

Kieran....youre cheating with these shots because its wet. I challenge you to bring it to the show in August in Cumbria......where it will obviously be dry (ahem!) and demonstrate its shine to the general public!:)

Seeing as how you've done the 'double cold intake hose' mod, why not bin the very restrictive wax-stat and its flap, and you've got the works' Gp.A tweak !

Wax stat removed!! And also verticle ribs ground down and Porsche 912 K&N filter fitted!!

The water jacket isnt connected because I have a few carb / manifold options to play with, including bike carbs....;)

New exhaust...

Exhaust51014x760.jpg

Exhaust31014x760.jpg

Whoop!!

Personally I would dump that rocker cover breather hose into a catch bottle, otherwise you'll be up the detailling guy's workshop again for a refettle of the back panel and bumper ! And,yes,even with a brand spanking engine !

But looking great, sorry I won't be in Cumbria to see it but it's a bit of a jaunt !

Can I just say I was very drunk when I posted last night having been out to a party and havent got a clue what I was on about!!!

It looks very good.......whats the 'wax stat'???

the brass 'stat inside the blue intake trumpet, where it clips to the blue tin filter, that tells it whether to draw more air from the trumpet or the pre-heat tin shroud/pipe round the exhaust manifold branch. If the hot intake pipe has already been removed and replaced with and extra cold intake, the 'stat is superfluous....and not needed !

Very,very drunk? Should we start calling you Rowley Birkin ?;)