Do I have ESP?

rk696

Just a quick one; How do I tell if my octavia vrs (MK1) has ESP fitted? There's an ASR button on the dash, is that the traction control? If I had ESP, would there be an ESP button too?

Also, when booting it, in first gear, power delivery is nice and smooth, in second and third, there seems to be a flat spot at about 3000 rpm. Is this a standard thing with the 1.8T AUQ? I've never owned a turbo car before.

Cheers

The Vrs came with ASR or ESP as an option (Standard on WRC edition)

As you have an ASR button that is what you have and yes it is traction control.

As for the flatspot a throttle body clean usually sorts issues like this as it can get pretty dirty with the recirculating oil vapours. Look in the tech section and there is a handy guide with pics :thumbup:

Cool, thanks lex dysia. Might have to take the throttle body to bits and give it a good clean.. :-)

Do you think performing a throttle body reset would help? I have vag com.

Guest westallc

i would turn asr off as it is completley stupid lol when a wheel loses traction it simple closes the throttle so if you giving it beans from a roundabout and the wheels loose traction you can find your self in trouble as it shut all the power down and leaves you stranded:mad: mine is turned off all the time a complete waist and dangerous;)

as for the flat spot do as lex says just clean the inside no real need to reset throttle... if you dont disconnect it it dont need doing( if you do disconnect you will however):thumbup:

and if you find it is realatively clean then it could be a failing maf :thumbup:

hope that helps

clive