front wheel bearing replacement

hello there :)

My front passenger wheel bearing has started to whine and is slowy getting worse. jorily can supply a new one for me and its a very good price but with it being a cheap part to buy i can see this being a PITA job to replace, am i correct? and is a press needed for any of the work??

thanks dudes :thumbup:

its not a bad job if you have the correct tools & mechanical know how!...i did both my front ones about a month ago,you will need a press to get the bearings in & out,you will also need a cutting disc/grinder to get the old bearing race off the old hub as you cant get a puller in due to the abs ring been welded to the hub!:thumbup: beware of cheap bearings too.....i put a drivemaster wheel bearing in last year & it started getting noisey after a year & 10k so cheapest isnt always best! you dont want to be paying someone to do the job again!:)

Mine's going in next Friday for the o/s/f to be done.

Thought about doing myself but having looked at the Haynes thought it might be a tad tricky on a scissor jack. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry, no I was replying to the 2nd post on this thread. Saying "beware of cheap bearings"

We've been in the Skoda parts business long enough to know what is good quality and what is bad.;)

sorry, no I was replying to the 2nd post on this thread. Saying "beware of cheap bearings"

We've been in the Skoda parts business long enough to know what is good quality and what is bad.;)

my comment about cheap bearings was made as i made the mistake to fit a cheap wheel bearing made by "drivemaster" to my car & it didnt last more than a year! it wasnt aimed at your company...i dont even know or use you for parts!i have replaced both bearings with a better quality make that cost twice the price of the original bearings,my advice to the original poster was made so he didnt make my mistake! i was lucky enough to be fitting mine myself as im a mechanic of 18 years,if your paying a garage to do the job you dont want to be paying them again to do the same job in a year or so due to inferior parts. that was why i said what i said:thumbup:

No, I wasn't suggesting you said our bearings were cheap just that ours aren't. I'm supprised that you've never heard of me, I've been involved with Skoda parts for 20 years and are probably the largest independent Skoda parts supplier in the UK and Sponsor this Site. Please visit our website at Skoda Parts - Jorily. The Skoda Parts Shop - Probably the UKs largest independent skoda parts supplier