More-Bhp remap

Hi not posted on here before other than to say hi (hope im doing it in the right section)

Had my Mk1 Octy Vrs remapped by More-Bhp and thought id share my experience

Found on Ebay so was a bit dubious read nothing but good reviews on various forums so at £195 thought id give it a try.

Phoned up spoke to Jason after a lengthy discussion it was clear that he knew what he was doing so set off to middlewich same day.

On the way got a engine management light on dash phoned Jason who said dont worry about it he would deal with it when i got there.

Arrived at his unit then we went for a drive he found that it was my maf to be a fault so I nipped out to get a new one came back & fitted it.

I explained that i wanted a map that was progressive across the rev range.

He mapped it and we went out for a spin what a difference as many say felt like a different car spooled up at about 1500rpm right through the rev range with no flat spots estimation without going on rolling road 215-220bhp.

spent about best part of 3hrs there asking various questions on other mods and common faults all of which he was happy to answer.

Glad i decided to use someone who works for himself rather than a franchise more personal touch and at half the price.

Anyway the reason i posted is if like me u want to mod but hav`nt got much money to do so then give him a try.:)

Guest westallc

buddy what mods have you got ???

as 220bhp is very high figure if standard...and wont be achieved

also you will never know what or how good the map is without an rr to see what the afr is doing and the boost etc etc

its very simple to get alot of power from these and will do what you say but is it safe thats the question so before you carryon saying how good it is youmight want to go for a rr and then say its a good map....lots of very dubious tuners that dont do things properly..

and spolled up by 1500rpm are you sure about that???

sorry if i come across abit funny but so many people come on here with its a great remap and have no afr reading boost pressures etc etc to show and some have then turned into very early failures like turbo etc etc :thumbup:

you can pick my post apart as much as u like but like i said not posted before but to say hi only put estimated figures up for people who want to be picky all i know is that my mates octy is mapped by revo and he prefers the way mine delivers the power.

Figures dont matter to me as long as i am happy with my car.

Check reviews on ukmkivs or other vag sites

Guest westallc
you can pick my post apart as much as u like but like i said not posted before but to say hi only put estimated figures up for people who want to be picky all i know is that my mates octy is mapped by revo and he prefers the way mine delivers the power.

Figures dont matter to me as long as i am happy with my car.

Check reviews on ukmkivs or other vag sites

mate wasnt picking it apart and its a good review but how can you review it to be a good map when you dont know what the fuel is doing or the boost......!!

cars maps can be very good just saying without the facts it cant be assesed by us. if on a rr day it shows it has spot on fueling and spot on boost then brilliant and maybe i woud use for mine...

but what you cant see at the moment is wether the boost is to high and could cause probs but feels amazing or the fueling is off but feels great but will cause problems..

if a standard car expect around the 210 mark buddy

i wasnt on a wich hunt on you fella really i wasnt

sorry if it came across that way but with everyone turning it to tuners and some of the maps we have seen on here thats all

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

mate wasnt picking it apart and its a good review but how can you review it to be a good map when you dont know what the fuel is doing or the boost......!!

cars maps can be very good just saying without the facts it cant be assesed by us. if on a rr day it shows it has spot on fueling and spot on boost then brilliant and maybe i woud use for mine...

but what you cant see at the moment is wether the boost is to high and could cause probs but feels amazing or the fueling is off but feels great but will cause problems..

if a standard car expect around the 210 mark buddy

sorry if it came across that way but with everyone turning it to tuners and some of the maps we have seen on here thats all

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree with westallc on quite a few of his points. Having had a generic map and a custom one, the rolling road was quite useful for seeing what the map is doing. Even though the generic map was on the whole reasonably quick, the fueling and boost weren't quite right. Boost was at 1.4 bar and the fueling was basically the bucket method, pour it in and watch her go!

With the rolling road and custom map though, the car is a whole lot smoother, and a whole lot faster. However, it sounds like you're very happy and that's all that matters. If the car runs well and doesn't cause you any issues, then for the money you have done well.:thumbup:

p.s. Westallc, would 217bhp be achievable on a standard car? I only ask as that's what mine made on RS Tuning's road.

Guest westallc
I believe Jason@ more bhp uses Dna map files, the same as mine was so it should be spot on.

every car is different :thumbup:

Guest westallc

skinnyman rr figures i would take with a pinch of salt they all can varie and factors like weather conditions the operator the actual rr all comes into play you will find you power and torque is best to do 3 different rollers and take the average and that will be there or there abouts :thumbup:

its all about pub talk buddy so yes and no to your question:thumbup:

Rs Tuning uses Dyno dynamics rollers and these type of rollers are known to be some of the least optimistic on the market so i reckon you aint too far away there skinnyman :thumbup::thumbup:

PS im with Westallc on most of his points you cant reccomend a map without knowing what it is actually doing ..... there have been horror stories of cars running phenominal amounts of boost and blowing the turbo a few months down the road ..so whilst it may seem like he is being picky he is not and is making a valid point mate because a few months down the line if say 10 people followed your reccomendation then the **** blew out of your car ...how bad would you feel ??????? see the point he is making ---- a map backed up with rolling road info is a far safer bet !!!!

Edited by Fastkwak
schoolboy typo !!!!

• 3 years later...

I believe Jason@ more bhp uses Dna map files, the same as mine was so it should be spot on.

I used to supply them but don't anymore to clarify this, I do have many dealers and consult for other big tuners still, hope this breaches no rules, just wanted to clear this up. Email me if you have any questions [email protected]