Superchips Remap?

Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could help me?

I know the 'which remap' question has been asked a million times :o but i'm struggling a little with what one to chose. I aim to be the proud owner of a Mk 2 octy vRS TFSI in the next month or so, and the first thing i will be getting is a remap. Of some sort. Superchips looks promising, (I like the idea of Bluefin) but i was wondering, is the figures they quote actually fairly accurate in the rolling road lottery :confused: I'm basically after a 40 ish bhp increase with a good base for some further modifying when funds allow. Good reliabity is a must, as i do about 25k miles a year! I've heard good reports of Awesome GTi and Jabba and Revo. But does anyone have any idea which one might suit me best?

Sorry to be a pain in the a**e folks :o

Thanks in advance :D

Ian

you won't go wrong with any of them

first i had the bluefin stage 1 map, after fitting the complete exhaust and cold air intake upgraded to stage 2 bluefin remap

after that i had a custom remap specially built for my car but can not tell the difference between the custom one and stage 2 bluefin remap

you can only tell the difference looking at dyno numbers

the bluefin remap is stable and you will feel like buying a more responsive and better revving car :) also i advice you to buy the sprint booster for improved gas pedal response

Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could help me?

I know the 'which remap' question has been asked a million times :o but i'm struggling a little with what one to chose. I aim to be the proud owner of a Mk 2 octy vRS TFSI in the next month or so, and the first thing i will be getting is a remap. Of some sort. Superchips looks promising, (I like the idea of Bluefin) but i was wondering, is the figures they quote actually fairly accurate in the rolling road lottery :confused: I'm basically after a 40 ish bhp increase with a good base for some further modifying when funds allow. Good reliabity is a must, as i do about 25k miles a year! I've heard good reports of Awesome GTi and Jabba and Revo. But does anyone have any idea which one might suit me best?

Sorry to be a pain in the a**e folks :o

Thanks in advance :D

Ian

SC get my vote.........BF is not too bad, have a look here..........Mmm..:D

JKM Rolling Road day Gallery - Briskoda Rolling Road Day 7th February 2009

Have a look at the Leon.............Only running BF and VPower...........:thumbup:

It goes quite well........;)

Ive been running the standard Bluefin now for a couple of years and must say im very pleased with it, just remember to de-activate it if your car goes in to the dealer for anything as they re-load the setting (at least my local dealer does) and if you Bluefin is active on the way in it wont be on the way out!

I noticed a huge increase in power and throttle response, its a different car to drive with the Bluefin activated. Bluefin defo gets the thumbs up from me (although im sure if you get any re-map from a reputable source im sure it will be equally as good).

ATB, Jon.

............. with a good base for some further modifying when funds allow. Good reliabity is a must, as i do about 25k miles a year!

If your intention is to modify further in future then my recomendation is to go the tried and tested route with REVO every time.

....... and another thing, you'd have to be extremely lucky to get the extra 40bhp out of ANY of the tuners with just a remap, realistically expect around +30bhp but oodles of extra torque :thumbup:

Thanks for all the info guys, much apprieciated :thumbup: I think theres definetly a case of being spoilt for choice on the tuning market :D Just another quick question, whats the term vanilla engine mean? Lol i probably sound a bit thick asking lol :rolleyes:

Thanks again :)

Ian