New rear disc and pads?

Jigger72

Can anyone point me in a good direction for new rear discs and pads on my 1.8T Elegance?

The Skoda dealer has quoted £192 incl. VAT for all OEM parts and labour so just wondering if I can get it done cheaper?

I was looking at the Mintex Brake Box – are they any good?

Get the Mintex discs and pads off of ebay and do it yourself for £65 :thumbup:

Or the other option is the Skoda parts and do it yourself, I think the Skoda discs and pads worked out about £10-15 cheaper than the Mintex when I looked but the Mintex are slightly better quality.

You need a caliper windback tool from Halfords for about £20 if doing it yourself though

Thanks everyone. :thumbup:

I've got no time to do them myself. I'm helping me ma move house this weekend, the magazine I work for is going to press next week and I'm on me own, and then I'm off on our family hols next weekend, driving through France so I need them doing quick.

Oh yeah, and I'm a f**kwit at mechanics :o

How much labour should it be? Or how long does it take?

Its not a big job to do the rears only.

1 hour, 2 at most I should think.

The rear brakes arent used as much as the fronts, so presumably they are really cream crackered for you to want to change them before france?

:rofl:

Yeah, they are pretty much gone. I should have got them done about 6 months ago and now I'm panicking :(

Does anyone know if the vRS 256mm discs will fit on the Elegance or will I need to change calipers to do that?

:rofl:

Yeah, they are pretty much gone. I should have got them done about 6 months ago and now I'm panicking :(

Does anyone know if the vRS 256mm discs will fit on the Elegance or will I need to change calipers to do that?

According to this thread on the UK-mivs site you need 232mm solid disks for the rear so no VRS disks won't fit.

I had new pads and disks fitted on the rear for about £140 all in at my mate's garage.