So Annoyed

cetim2

Had my vrs less than a month, came out this morning (first day off in ages) and found a foot long scratch on the wing, right through the paint. Looks like it's from a coin or a key.

I don't live in a bad area but no driveway means parking on the road.

Going to have to get this one fixed, I'll see it everytime I get into the car.

If its any consillation, if you need any abrasive advice (for an initial diy fix, that will keep your eye from straying to it), I'm the man to ask. (PM) My fathers retired, with lifetime of experience in 3m.....

Foot long...doesn't sound so wide to try and repair - like with enough patience even with paintpen and microabrasives. But you don't mention the colour ? Also don't know where you are.

Also I recommend beside microabrasives and minipads (once you have a very small amount of paint fillng the damage, and dryed to sand finely down to the rest of the paint line), if you can get hold of any Finesse-IT it's the dogs. The car plant stuff, not your crappy aftermarket cut n polish. Used it for years for taking out scratches and its great (v fine)

• 2 weeks later...

I would not have believed it, but an hour spent this afternoon saw this scratch and a couple of other annoying marks polished out. If you look REALLY closely you can see a small mark at the start of the scratch but the rest is gone. Damage was contained within the laquer and not through the paint as I first thought.