Off to Germany again.

Phil-E

Hey folks.

We're hopping on the Hull to Zeebrugge ferry this evening and will be landing at about 7am tomorrow I think. Then only a 3 and half hour drive this time to the Mosel where we are meeting up with all the family. 13 of them all together all in the same B&B... this is going to be fun ;)

I'm really looking forward to the top class entertainment on the ferry and in fact that will probably be the highlight of the whole trip.

Only a short one anyway and we're back on monday. Driving in Sven's car though as it's a bit better with a bit more weight in it (Pug 306 1.9D) although by no means a tüpisch autobahn car! :cool: :P

Tchuse

Phil

Enjoy Germany Phil, I know I always do,

so far this year I've been 6 times.

Although on my next rest week,

we'll be on the road in Britain & Ireland

following one of our favourite bands on tour.

Don't forget to visit the Adenau area for a popular scenic drive ;)

Well. Had an absolutely fantastic time!!!

The Ferry was very good and so glad we did it that way as it was very relaxing and much more pleasant than driving 6 hours down to Dover each way.

Took us 6 hours to get there with stopping for brunch and sitting in a traffic jam for an hour :cool: and only 4 hours to get back to the ferry as the traffic was clear with no lorries on the roads on Sunday :thumbup:

There was lots of alcohol and merriment to be had and always guaranteed a laugh with that lot :rolleyes:

Brought a few bottles of Mosel wein back with us... at 2.80 euros for a 1 liter bottle it would have been rude not to :D

We averaged 51mpg which isn't bad at all with 4 adults and a boot full of rubbish doing 70-90 mph all the way... although the Pug has probably got one of the noisiest diesel engines I have ever heard :o:rolleyes:

Yes Darren I do enjoy it over there. My German is improving more and more each time I go there... Und Sie?! ;) :P

Phil

The XUD was one of the quietest diesels I'd ever experienced, until I bought the Octy.

:rotz:

Oh dear... the Octy must have been silent compared to your XUD. It is a very rattly engine I find and drones very loudly when revved. I had a Citroen with the same engine in and felt the same way. I wouldn't mind if it had a turbo and was nippy but it is just terrible really. There were a couple of failed attempts at overtaking anyway :rolleyes:

It's only saving grace is the fuel economy and that it actually isn't too noisy at motorway speed at sits very smoothly at about 75mph with enough puff to pull up hills etc.

Phil

Yes Darren I do enjoy it over there. My German is improving more and more each time I go there... Und Sie?! ;) :P

I don't feel like my German is getting better, because people keep practicing their English on me, their English is getting better though!!