xcarlink ipod kit fabia vrs

Hello all, just thought I would share my experience.

After much deliberation regarding ipod connectivity I plumped for an xcarlink one. It seemed to offer everything the rivals did at a much more competitive price (just over £80 inc del).

I've just installed it in my Fabia under the flap in the glove box. The trickiest bit was getting the head unit (HU) out (I tried Kenwood keys, hacksaw blades, credit cards etc.), but I resorted to Halfords, but did charge me 3.99 for 5 minutes work....

I removed the glove box - there are 5 torx screws holding it in, temporarily disconnect the light and the air con pipe, so once the glove box is out you can drill a nice neat hole to feed the ipod cable through. The xcarlink unit is sat up behind the glove box - tucked well out of the way held in place with a couple of zip ties.

Initial impressions are good, and unlike the Denison Gateway you can retain your 6 disc changer (if you have one) without having to fork out extra. You can create 5 playlists on your ipod (2-6 on symphony) which you can control from the HU, whilst 1 on the symphony lets you control the ipod direct (great if you've not put it in the glove box!).:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Craig