Dance Radio

derekn

I have just bought a new Fabia 1 with a "Dance" radio. I usually listen to Radio 4 or occasionally Radio 3. As I live in Wales, the BBC traffic announcements are only on Radio Wales. When an announcement triggers a change of programme, all my previous cars used to go straight to Radio Wales. The Dance can finish up anywhere, Radio 1,2 or unknown stations playing pop. Occasionally it goes to Radio Wales ! If I leave Radio Wales tuned in with the volume off, it seems OK. But I don''t want to listen to that station.

Anybody got Ideas? Is it a generic problem with the Dance, or have I got a Czech gremlin infestation ? Derekn

I also have a new Fabia (II) - level 2 - and my radio seems to do the same thing. Could there be a bad batch of radios? I've had my car for almost two weeks, but only tried the TP function this weekend...

Could the mods please move this thread into the Fabia II forum?

I also have a new Fabia (II) - level 2 - and my radio seems to do the same thing. Could there be a bad batch of radios? I've had my car for almost two weeks, but only tried the TP function this weekend...

Could the mods please move this thread into the Fabia II forum?

Thanks both.

I'm not good at this forum messaging so things can go astray sometimes.

I don't want to be without my car for a couple of days or so while the dealer scratches his head, possibly changes the unit and then find the fault is still there. If a few people have the problem, it will give me more info to take to the garage.

Derek

I've just booked my Fabia in for a checkup a week from Friday. So if anyone else has any info on this problem, it would be great to hear from them!

After a bit more searching, it looks like a few more Briskodians (?) have encountered similar problems:

I use a Creative Zen M 30gb mp3 player. It's great. I set it to Random play, and if something plays I do not want to listen to at that particular time comes on one button press and it moves on to something else. It's only audible wallpaper anyway.

One problem with my Dance radio is that when it has the TP function working it frequently jumps over to Radio 3 and I was not aware that that station did traffic reports-I have never heard one anyway.

Chris

A bit off-topic but does anybody have problems with the radio switching to other stations when the traffic alerts are switched on. The channels it switches to are usually ones that rarely, if ever broadcast traffic alerts like Radios1, 3 and 4. Sometimes it will switch for just a second and then back again. At it's worst this happens several times a minute.

Has anyone successfully had this problem fixed - or had the radio replaced (under warranty) for one that doesn't do this? It is rather annoying; this morning my radio decided it would constantly switch over to radio 4, where they were talking about the economy - not traffic. Anyway, I'll switch TP off for now...

Probably of little use to you but can say that I've not had this problem at all and have done some long trips with TP on. Have actually been impressed with the fact you can set a different volume for the travel news so if the radio is turned down you don't miss the updates.

Possible that Skoda changed the spec of the radio in later builds? Mine's on an 07 plate.

Many thanks to those who submitted their experiences and thoughts.

Regarding the above message, The auto volume doesn't work every time on my radio either, It comes on at low volume, and is barely audible sometimes. It has been set to switch to volume 16. Invariably it is loud when a pop station is picked up though! Sod's law I suppose.

I note that the 2007 model seems to work OK, and it is the new radios that have this fault.

Illumination 1 and 2 doesn't seem to work either.

Has anybody else tried the TP out. It would help for a bit more info before I go back to the garage with awarranty claim. I don't want to waste either my or their time changing for a unit that has exactly the same fault.

Cheers all Derekn

I am not clear that the op has the same problem I have with my radio, that I mentioned in the post quoted by Povl. When my radio is swithched to traffic it changes all the time to stations that aren't broadcasting a traffic report and most of those stations never do transmit traffic reports. It is very annoying and most of the time I leave traffic switched off because of it.

I did contact Skoda but they had never heard of the problem and as I thought it might be difficult to show them the problem with the car stationary in a garage I let the matter drop.

IIRC it is the radio station that transmits a coded signal to change your radio to the appropriate station to receive a traffic report. Another transmission of this code sets the radio back to normal. Many times a radio station hits this code by mistake or forgets to send the finish signal at the end of the report. Any station within range will set your radio to TP and more often than not the report is usually not relevant to the traveller. This is why I never bother with TP unless I’m stuck in a huge jam and want to find out how long I will be there.

Thanks for the replies above.

Re the last from dragonrider. I find the traffic reports very useful as I travel the M4 in S. Wales regularly, which is quite often closed due to accidents. This can lead to gridlock on the surrounding roads for around a 30 mile area. Alternative routes are few due to the nature of the area, sea to the south and hills to the north. I could subscribe to traffic reports on the satnav, and if I was working , I probably would.

Back to the Dance.

I also run a SEAT Alhambra, 09 reg. This has a different radio, but of the same family, which works perfectly. My previous cars, Ford Galaxy, Peugeot 306, Ford Fiesta,and even the Fiat Panda also worked OK for traffic. The salesman at the dealership has heard the problem and advised me to make a warranty claim, but I have not done so yet as I consider it is a manufacturing fault which will affect other radios of the same batch, and want a more evidence, to hopefully save everyone a lot of wasted

time and expense.

Other than the radio I like the car, which has a marvellous spec. for only £6K with scrappage. It will make a good runaround when it's run in.

Got a bit long winded -- Sorry , Derekn