Yeti_Man

So far Ive been out in two Yeti's. The first one had the optional £350 stereo whilst the second had the standard speakers in place running from an optional Columbus head unit.

The upgraded stereo in the first one sounded awful. Not particulalry tuneful, unclear, confused sound and when it was asked to reproduce any sort of low end bass it just distorted. I couldnt get rid of the distortion issue by playing with the settings. Im guessing the upgrade includes a small amp somewhere :confused: so thats the last thing I was expecting. I left this one thinking 'theres no way I'd pay extra to get that level of performance'!

Having listened to the second Yeti 'Columbus' stereo system last week (same CD album as the first!) I am now convinced that the first one must have been faulty in some way.

So Im looking to confirm this basically; I cant seem to find another local demo Yeti with the uprated stereo in place so has anyone here either compared the two systems or even just heard and have an opinion on the upgraded one?

What exactly does the stereo upgrade get you? An amp and uprated speakers? Im guessing there was no small sub located anywhere?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Was the one with the £350 upgrade the Bolero headunit? (touch screen but not sat nav)

I've read elsewhere on this forum that the Columbus gives much better sound quality than the Bolero, so maybe a Columbus with the £350 upgrade would be the best (if rather expensive) option?

Was the one with the £350 upgrade the Bolero headunit? (touch screen but not sat nav)

I've read elsewhere on this forum that the Columbus gives much better sound quality than the Bolero, so maybe a Columbus with the £350 upgrade would be the best (if rather expensive) option?

Yes, it had a Bolero but counting on my A/V background I'd have thought the fact that it had an external amp and better quality speakers (im assuming this is the difference?) it would have far better quality, mainly in the control and quality of the more complex music tracks played with a little more volume.

Columbus and speaker upgrade option was what I was considering; i'd now like to hear the two together in a Yeti to make sure Im on the right track.

Lee

Price list quotes £350 for a twelve speaker 'soundsystem'. After that its £1,400 or so for the Columbus SatNav. :eek:

Bolero is standard on SE and Elegance but strangly nothing listed as standard for E and S. :confused:

Is it (the 'soundsystem') worth it? Sorry but not a clue - haven't listened to it, or anything else as it happens.

Price list quotes £350 for a twelve speaker 'soundsystem'. After that its £1,400 or so for the Columbus SatNav. :eek:

Bolero is standard on SE and Elegance but strangly nothing listed as standard for E and S. :confused:

Is it (the 'soundsystem') worth it? Sorry but not a clue - haven't listened to it, or anything else as it happens.

I understand the specs and price isnt an issue - I wasnt sure however if the sound system upgrade also has an amp somewhere - I would have thought it did but the sound from it (at least via the Bolero) seemed very underpowered and struggled to play anything much without distortion.

The more I think about it, the more Im convinced it was actually faulty in some way.

Lee

The columbus is an amazing headunit audio wise, it makes even the cheapo OEM speakers in my car sound really good. I know in the octy with the audio upgrade you got an amp under the passenger seat with the 12 speakers. With the upgraded system, if it has an external amp you will limit any possibility of upgrading or changing the headunit to a non oem one in the future because the amp is switched on/off via canbus signals and not a switched supply from the headunit.