skoda favorit fuel usage...

i drove my 1.3 skoda favorit to ipswich on sunday, 279miles there and back and it onli used up about £30 of petrol cant actuly beleive it didnt even have the yellow light on when i got back, and im just wondering now are the felicas the same ? or is that just a unusual amount of petrol as hardly anyone beleives me, they reckon that skodas drink petrol and oil :confused: was doing 70 nearly all the time, it was silent appart from the exahust lol and one time not noticeing well...i better not say what speed it was doing but it wasnt complaining :eek:

Look out for the little signature pics from spritmonitor.de like in mine :) will give you an idea of the sort of MPG others are getting. You can click them too for more info. It works on the filling up completely principle, so how much you just filled up by = the difference in mileage from last fill up. Being very careful, doing about 60-65mph at most, I've managed to do 218 miles and have the petrol gauge read half-way or just under (not sure that that equates to exactly half a tank being left though) and I think I measure around 25l used which is probably on par with your 279 miles and £30. The fuel tank is about 42l in total.

My son's 1.3 GLi (68bhp) is giving 44-48 mpg so far (only filled the tank twice since we bought it in August).

That is mostly urban and country lanes, with some dual carriageways thrown in for good measure.

The Favorit should give about the same as it is pulling less weight, but has a slightly less advanced engine management system, so 44 is about right (IMHO).

I used to get a lot of my 1.3 Favorit, and the Felicia 1.3 mpi. They are very good on fuel - used to be around 200 miles on half a tank. They are much better on fuel economy than my current Octavia 1.6! I only average around mid 30's

Brimmed the tank and zeroed the mileometer before a two hundred + mile return trip up north.

Brimmed and zeroed it on the 12th Oct,covered 262miles,and it took 22.93 litres.

That is 51.8 mpg :thumbup:

Its a 1995 1.3 Felicia :thumbup:

Edited by iansmith

• 2 weeks later...

I get about 38mpg out of my Favorit (injected), just like I did the one before it (carburetted) - and the three Estelles before that. The only non-Skoda I've used for a long period in the last 15 years was a Fiat Uno diesel, which gave me about 42mpg - equivalent to about 38mpg petrol (diesel has about 10% more calories in a bucket-full than petrol). Which kinda proves the point that driving style has more to do with it than details of the car! (all of those cars weigh about 18cwt)

The Favorit tank holds 46l notional (a little more in practice, maybe 47.5l) but the gauge indicates half-full when there's actually about 20l left, typically.

I will have to give it a go on the method above, I normally get around 135miles to £10 @1.5.9 ltr not sure what it work out as mpg wise though.

1996 1.9D Felicia.