2002 vrs judder

Been out in the vrs today then all of a suddern coming home the car started juddering from the front end and the engine management light started flashing. The front end juddering at all speeds and on tickover the engine doesnt sound right. As anybody had this happen to them before and what the problem is im not wanting a expensive bill before i take it to the garage

I would guess one of the coil packs has gone mammaries vertical.

If you search on coil packs there is plenty of info. on symptoms and checks.

(Regarding expense - the packs are £35 ish each )

Another vote for coil pack. If you can afford it, it might be worth replacing all the coil packs rather than just the one as they have a habit of all going very soon after each other. I had one go and then less than 2 weeks later another went at which point i replaced the rest and the 2 old working ones now live in the boot as spares.

With my vrs been a ex cop car ive got a printed sheet off all the work done on the car and noticed it had a coil pack at 47000 miles the cars now done 78000 miles doesnt sound a expensive job if it is the coils

I would also check to see if one of the coil pack has lifted. This is more common on mapped VRS's but can happen on standard ones. If a spark plug is not tightened down or worked loose it can cause the coild pack to lift.

I have had one coil go on mine so far, others are all original to my knowledge. So not always a case of them all going one after another. Interstingly the coil which went on mine was under the expansion chamber so maybe extra heat had built up and killed it?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know got the car fixed turned out it was a coil pack and 4 spark plugs couldnt belive how much the plugs were a tenner each and 35 for the coil pack the cars running a treat again