Fabia vRS Anti shudder valve - what actuates it, and when please?

Can anyone tell me if you should see the anti shudder valve mechanism move on the side of the EGR body when the engine is switched off? If you don't know, then would appreciate if some kind soul could oblige and take a look at what happens with theirs for me?

Mine just sits there, works if you move it manually but other wise nothing.

Is the ECU supposed to tell the solenoid valve block to make it work by creating a vaccuum in the rubber hose when the ignition key is turned off?

• 2 weeks later...

Vacuum test gauge confirmed the supply was working exactly as it should, so I think the diaphragm had gone (slight whistle) as the valve wasn't doing its stuff.

With EGR throwing up a CEL code I put new EGR on last weekend and so far so good, just have to watch that space and hope it's sorted. Tested the new valve before fitting by plugging into the ASV vacuum line before taking the old valve off and the flap on the new one actuated perfectly, so vacuum feed lines were all good.

Edited by Greybeard