Fabia 1 1.6 Tiptronic - feedback wanted please

mj01

I'm considering replacing my wife's 1997 Polo 1.4 auto, which we've had from new, with a new Fabia 1 1.6 Tiptronic through the scrappage scheme. I've read all the reviews I can find (not many on either the trim level 1 nor the tiptronic gearbox!), but would like to hear some real world feedback on:

• Fabia (trim level) 1
  • Tipronic gearbox
  • 1.6 engine
  • Ideally, all together, if anyone has a Fabia 1 1.6 tiptronic!

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm considering replacing my wife's 1997 Polo 1.4 auto, which we've had from new, with a new Fabia 1 1.6 Tiptronic through the scrappage scheme. I've read all the reviews I can find (not many on either the trim level 1 nor the tiptronic gearbox!), but would like to hear some real world feedback on:

• Fabia (trim level) 1
  • Tipronic gearbox
  • 1.6 engine
  • Ideally, all together, if anyone has a Fabia 1 1.6 tiptronic!

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Level 3 Tiptronic, cant really comment on level 1 trim, just the basics I guess if thats okay for you then go for it, but you might miss some useful toys

Engine and gearbox are quite good, the sport mode works well and the shifts are pretty smooth, better than most of the rivals. Bit noisy when pressing on, but got plenty of poke for overtaking or hills. Economy is okay maybe a little thirsty, though really quite good on a longer trip. If you have any specific questions let me know

You will certainly find it's a world of difference from the old 1.4 polo with the 4 speed auto

I had a Roomster for a while with the 1.6 and tip. Didn't like it as it felt underpowered. Kept hunting around for gears and as has already been said, was rather too noisy for my liking.

We have Fabia II level 2 1.6 tiptronic, this replaced a Fabia I 1.4 Auto.

The 1.6 and the tiptronic box work well together, it is a much better car than the underpowered 1.4 Auto model.

As has been said the engine is a bit throaty when pushed but it does not need to be pushed hard to keep up with general traffic.

If you can I'd suggest you go for the level 2 trim.

Only complaint is there is no engine temperature gauge.

Thanks guys, really useful. Level 1 (plus some extras) suits my wife as she doesn't like / need aircon or alloys so no point in paying the extra £1k for level 2.

If anyone else has any thoughts, please do add.