horn issues

tyke32

:thumbup: i have read previous thread on this topic but has anyone fitted the octavia horn ,and is it working ok. dread using the horn find it better to keep window open and allow wife to shout at other road hogs

I got one of these bad boys fitted to mine:

Stebel Compact Nautilus Car Horn from Halfords Price £29.99

Nice and loud but it is pretty small and fits in the space that the old horn occupied. Needs some wiring in with the supplied relay and some wire (it apparently draws about 16amps- my headlights dim slightly when I press the horn! :rofl:) but the result are very pleasing to the ear!

It is effing loud compared to any other horn on the road and certainly gets peoples attention!

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of these bad boys fitted to mine:

Stebel Compact Nautilus Car Horn from Halfords Price �29.99

Nice and loud but it is pretty small and fits in the space that the old horn occupied. Needs some wiring in with the supplied relay and some wire (it apparently draws about 16amps- my headlights dim slightly when I press the horn! :rofl:) but the result are very pleasing to the ear!

It is effing loud compared to any other horn on the road and certainly gets peoples attention!

Phil

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I like the idea of a decent loud horn. Is it possible to pull out the the plastic panel to the side of the radiator grill? The one on the other side comes out easy but I think the nearside one might be fixed in by screws.

If I can get it out I think it might be too difficult to work in the space and fit a new horn but would interested to hear if anyone has done this. If not does the undertray come off easily?

Many thanks

John Fisher

Hello,

I like the idea of a decent loud horn. Is it possible to pull out the the plastic panel to the side of the radiator grill? The one on the other side comes out easy but I think the nearside one might be fixed in by screws.

If I can get it out I think it might be too difficult to work in the space and fit a new horn but would interested to hear if anyone has done this. If not does the undertray come off easily?

Many thanks

John Fisher

Just give it a good tug and it will come. Common mod, lots of infor including a how 2 if you do a search