Octavia 1.4 more power

Goldy

Hello,

Maybe its stupid but id like to know how could i get out more power out of my Skoda Octavia mk1 2003 55kw? Id been told that i could change my ECU with a Skoda Fabia 1.4 101Hp version.. but can something like this be done?how much would it cost?where should i go to do it? Will i have any problems with it? Is there any other method to bring up the hps?

Thank you

Changing the ECU would only work if the engine was the same as the one on the Fabia as it would need the same hardware (fuel pump, injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds, similar head and valvetrain) as on the Fabia to actually get that power.

You could fit a performance exhaust and induction kit but the most they're going to get you is about 10bhp plus your insurance will go up, and the money you spend on that lot could go towards buying a 1.8T or 1.9TDi if you chopped the 1.4 in.

I would say don't bother. Unless you are willing to spend quite a bit of cash to upgrade numerous components then any gains will be negligible.

Is this engine a 16v version? I imagine it will be in which case it would be possible to upgrade using bits from a 100hp fabia 1.4 but you may need quite a lot of bits and would probably be good if you would get a doner car for this purpose.

Phil

A 1.4 engine in an octavia what MPG are you getting around town mate as I have a MK 1 Octy with the 1.6 8 Valve engine and its **** round town only getting around 15 miles to the gallon and was told its because its a heavy car.

Just wondered what you were getting from yours being a 1.4 unit.

Cheers

A 1.4 engine in an octavia what MPG are you getting around town mate as I have a MK 1 Octy with the 1.6 8 Valve engine and its **** round town only getting around 15 miles to the gallon and was told its because its a heavy car.

Just wondered what you were getting from yours being a 1.4 unit.

Cheers

My 1.8 does 30 in town (City of London commmute) and 40 country. I would suggest if your 1.6 is giving Ferrari/Lambo MPG there's something wrong.

Yes it is the 1.4 16V version... so the ECU upgrade cant be done.. :( i have already changed my exhaust... does changing the air filter for a performance one will help?

I like the car it is really good at fuel consumption i use up about 7,5Liters of petrol /100km so im happy with it only the power :((

It won't help much... maybe 1 or 2 bhp more but nothing you'd notice. Along with the exhaust they are the main things you can do to improve power on an N/A engine.

If you want power you really are going to have to go for a different engined Octavia.

The 1.9Tdi engines are a good compromise because the torque gives the illusion of having more power than a small petrol engined car, plus they are more economical and cheaper to insure than the turbocharged petrol Octavias.

Yeah I know but i think ill stick to my 1.4 octi... it has only 64000Kms on the dash and it is in a realy good shape, just hoped to get some more juice of of him.

Doing a Chip tuning will help something?