My Latest Track Day In My Vrs.

Fugs

More Mods done lately and got an excellent chance to try them out yesterday. Did another track day in Mondello Park Ireland Yesterday, Friday 13th November.

So Far the list of mods is not the longest but I'm getting there. The car is already 10 seconds a lap faster than standard.

Mods include, Revo stage 1 map, Quaiffe Diff, H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, Polly bushed wishbones, 28mm RARB, H&R Wheel Spacers, Tarox Sport Japan Front Brake Discs, Ferodo DS2500 Pads, Dot 5.1 Fluid, Cold Air Intake, Forge DV Valve.

A few pics

9k4j9s.jpg

2dky7mf.jpg

330s5s1.jpg

i2ul34.jpg

whznk0.jpg

aael5g.jpg

8ye2a1.jpg

2a8gsj9.jpg

I'm Passing the 200 but I think he was on an out lap. 30 minutes later he hit a barrier and damaged the front a little!.

I passed many a lotus, a Punto Abarth race car, A tvr Chimera and countless other faster machines!

Looking good mate i have just bought a VRS for the track.So would be interested in some tips for Mods.

Will you not find it a little bit boaty? ;)

How did it go on track Fugs, I have got to get me an LSD

How did it go on track Fugs, I have got to get me an LSD

I did a few track days with mine standard and yes it was a little boaty but still great fun and very easy to drive fast!

The best mod to start with has to be the biggest Rear ARB you can get and its very easy to fit!

The car on Friday behaved brilliantly. Tyre pressures kept rising and rising but thats a good thing. The Diff is strange as in it works really well but makes the car pull funny when powering out of a bend. You get traction so early in the corner that in some cases I'm up 10mph faster leaving the corner as I was with a standard Diff. Its a real tight and twisty track so handeling and brakes are a big help.

I did a session of about 25 laps and my brakes just started to fade at the end of it.

Overall though I was very very impressed with me and the car!

Nah just needed more power from a turbo engine so the vrs is the cheapest option as i dont want to track my seat cupra r which is running 275BHP.

We have just sold a 205 gti but kept getting passed on the straights,,,,,,,,,,,not much fun

Nibbles. On the track I was on yesterday 205's do really well.

yep dont get me wrong it was like a go kart fantastic handling but just fancy a car a bit quicker and spend some money on the handling. I have eibach coilovers on my Lcr and it sticks to the road like anything. I know the vrs is a big old girl but have to take the rough with the smooth.

We will be at cadwell this friday in our other pug we have and might take the vrs just for the drive down.

The silver one is the one we have just sold to get the vrs

16082009323.jpg

13092009488.jpg

This is my LCR in the background

12112009098.jpg

Edited by nibbles

Great stuff mate! How do you find the fsd's and h&r springs perform on track, i have them on mine and on the road there good but i was thinking maybe bit soft for track use? Think i might put a Quaiffe diff om my wish list!

Gmaster I find them perfect. I do drive this car everyday to so I need comfort!

I may in the futer take this car off the road altogether and strip it at which point I might get very heavy springs (800lb) or Coilovers!

The car on Friday behaved brilliantly. The Diff is strange as in it works really well but makes the car pull funny when powering out of a bend. You get traction so early in the corner that in some cases I'm up 10mph faster leaving the corner as I was with a standard Diff.

Overall though I was very very impressed with me and the car!

Sorry I didn't get that; the Diff is strange but faster leaving the corner as with a standard diff? What diffs are you comparing here?

tia

Edited by G-slave
shorter verbatim

I'm comparing a quaife torque diff with the standard diff.

Standard diff - the car understeers badly when power is on so you can't put power down untill your almost out of the bend!

Quaife torque diff - You can power on really early through the bend, Understeer is greatly reduced and the car actually tends tou pull in the direction your steering giving a higher exit speed on each corner! But hold the steering wheel tight!

I used to have a torsen LSD on my last car, and it did just as you describe Fugs. Swapping over to the vRS (which also had more power) I realised how much of a difference it really makes.

I know what you mean about the wheel as well as you can find that you might turn in to much otherwise :rofl:

LSD's are essential kit.

The traction difference is massive and id take one over electronic aids any day.

The only issue i found with them is TorSen's can cause some turn-in understeer where the Quaiffe its effectivly open when no torque is applied so you get the best of both worlds.

In the wet they can funny as both fronts will light up and sent you understeering across the road lol!

What cold tyre pressures did you run Fugs?

J

I started the day on 30psi cold but after a few laps it went up to 37. So I dropped back to 28psi when hot. They rose again to about 32 so I dropped back to 30. So I reckon about 22 psi cold to start would work well.