1.8TSI engine quit!

pmh

The other day I collected the car from service in the morning. After a couple of trips during the day I was on my way home. The display said app. 35 km remaing gas. The fuel needle was almost at the bottom, but not all the way down. I belived there was some left and that I have previously run the car with the above displaying. Suddently during acceleration the engine started to loose power. After a while it quit!I managed to let it run into a parking area. After a few minutes I restarted it. I then carefully ran it to the next gas station 5 km away with now further problems. I was alomost sure that it was running on vapours. Very strange I only managed to squize 54 ltrs on it. I believe the car has capacity for more than 60 ltr. The 54 ltr was consistent with the fuel needle, but not at all with the engine quitting. Can it be that the fuel can run to the back of the tank on acceleration or something like that?

You proberbly suffered from fuel starvation. With little left in the tank the fuel will move around, all it takes is for the pump to suddenly be sucking up air and you will stall and the fuel pump will cutout.

• 3 weeks later...

The other day I collected the car from service in the morning. After a couple of trips during the day I was on my way home. The display said app. 35 km remaing gas. The fuel needle was almost at the bottom, but not all the way down. I belived there was some left and that I have previously run the car with the above displaying. Suddently during acceleration the engine started to loose power. After a while it quit!I managed to let it run into a parking area. After a few minutes I restarted it. I then carefully ran it to the next gas station 5 km away with now further problems. I was alomost sure that it was running on vapours. Very strange I only managed to squize 54 ltrs on it. I believe the car has capacity for more than 60 ltr. The 54 ltr was consistent with the fuel needle, but not at all with the engine quitting. Can it be that the fuel can run to the back of the tank on acceleration or something like that?

Please check whether the vent cap on the gas tank ( near fuel filler) is removed or not.

If not please remove the same.

also there may be a software update due for fuel gauge adptation.

TC