Warning Light question to the experts

tracey

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well.

Haven't been on for a while but need reassuring.

Few weeks ago the 'Electronic engine management ' warning light came on dashboard of my Fabia 1.4 01 model , but disappeared after 24 hours. However, today it came on whilst driving and hasnt gone off even after a 4 hour rest. The book says contact Skoda dealer (ho hum Ive been there recently having power sensor replaced under warranty!) do I need to worry? Is this serious? Im dreading taking it cause this will be another problem I really didnt expected from the 'Oh so reliable Skoda/VW' The car is lovely to drive and and all that but Im seriously wondering whether I should have stayed with Toyota! Ive only had the car 4 months.

Please tell me its nothing.

Tracey

:rolleyes:

My 02 Fabia 1.4 has done this from time to time.

It has never missed a beat though, and the fuel economy has remained the same all year!

Apparantly they (Fabia/Polo/Golf etc etc) can do this, if it goes out after a while ignore it, otherwise pop it in to the dealer!

Turning the ignition on and off quickly a few times sometimes seems to clear it,

After three Toyotas, none perfect, stick with it, you will enjoy your Fabia a lot.

John

After three Toyotas' date=' none perfect, stick with it, you will enjoy your Fabia a lot.

John[/quote']

Thanks for that John, I will try turning off and on see what happens!

I will stick with it of course but when you have trouble free (mechanically) driving with Japanese makes, I was beginning to wonder if I had made the right choice. The Yaris and Fabia were neck and neck in my choosing at it was the 'space' factor that decided to be honest but now that I have Fabia I love it, even though its not a VRS I feel like a rally driver every morning going along the Sussex Downs to work ! even if I am doing no more that 50mph! ha ha anyway when I saved I will be getting one no doubt about it, it has the best driving position ever and thats after driving a Rav 4 previously which is up nice and high.

Anyway thanks you have put my mind at rest - just hope it doesnt come to dealers to sort it

:)