Google G1 (HTC Hero) and BT carkits

Wardy

Tried it when I had the Octy and the OEM Bluetooth kit - no joy. Phone paired and connected and was recognized but the audio wasn't routed through the speakers. I thought this was a quirk of the OEM setup and put it down to a bad experience.

But tonight a nice Parrot RKi8400's gone into the Fabia - thought it would do the job and ticks all the boxes. And crucially HTC Hero support/compatibility was listed on the Parrot website. But the damn audio from the phone won't route - everything else is spot on, full phone book download, callers are recognised, but the audio stays on the handset.

So has anyone had any more luck with theirs than me? And if so are there any additional steps I need to take to force call audio to route correctly?

Yours frustratingly,

Steve.

Sorry, HTC 'Dream' not Hero! :dull:

I was wondering since when you had got rid of the G1 and got G2 touch! hehe

Unfortunately it is one thing that I have never used on this phone is a handsfree kit.

If it has HTC Hero support posted on the box then that should include the Dream too i would have thought and the fact that it is syncing up the phonebook etc is a positive i guess.

The only thing I can think is that you may need to make sure that everything is up to date on the phone.

There have been several of those "expansion" packs released for the rooted firmware you have with various updates and bug fixes.

Not sure what version you have one but I suspect you have the ADP1 version.

I would recomend going for the "TMO OTA DRC92 - EU" version along with the expansion pack (which is now up to v.3.3.3.

Thats all I can think of at the moment!

Hope that helps.

Phil

Seems like it's an A2DP issue, but the general consensus seems to be that this was sorted on Cupcake (v1.5). So given that I'm on 1.6 this shouldn't be an issue. I'm just wondering whether the slightly flaky ROM I'm currently running is the cause. Well at best it won't be helping!

Hmmm, back to the drawing board :dull:

Cheers,

Steve

I would definately say give another ROM a go Steve as it seems that the finger is pointing in that direction!

And yes you would have thought that this issues experience in the last 1.5 (Cupcake) update will have been resolved in the current 1.6 (Donut) release.

FYI the next software update will be 2.0 (Eclair) but they are currently waiting for Qualcomm to release the 2.0 software drivers for the Dream.

Phil

Edit:

Also forgot to say make sure you have an up to date Radio and recovery image found on this thread on XDA Devs (Scroll down and read through the requirements section.

Like I say try the TMO OTA DRC92 - EU Rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538456

Edited by philje123
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Phil. My next step was to see which ROM to use. OK will give that a go and see.

Yes, from our last chat I need to sort the recovery image and radio stack; I just lost the will to live at this stage last time :o

Cheers,

Steve

Now running:

Firmware: 1.6

Baseband: 62.33.20.08U_1.22.12.29

Kernel: 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37

android-build@apa26 #19

Build: DRC92

Help! Need one that's known to work for audio over BT. Would rather sacrifice other features and have this working TBH...

Just noticed that I seem to have the same radio 'baseband' version as before, so maybe that didn't get updated. Will go back and look at that tomorrow then, see if that gets me anywhere...

Just talking to myself, but nothing new there ;)

I've carried on and plonked a new radio version on - think it's the latest.

So now on Baseband 62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.26I

A bit late to go Parrot testing now, so will see if anything more successful happens tomorrow!

I've had my G1 connected to the Octavia skoda OEM bluetooth kit since I got the phone and it's always had full connectivity to it, phonebook through maxidot, speakers the lot. Both pre and after phone rooting.

When in a call two of the options after pressing the menu are speaker and bluetooth, have you tried turning the bluetooth one on as this should transfer the call to the parrot. It should also remember it for next time when paired to a bt kit.

HTH

• Like 1

Looks like you've rambled yourself through it all Steve. My main suspision is that radio version and now you have updated it then I wouldn't be suprised if it works. The radio is responsible for all wireless connections so if that is still an old version and yet you have a new ROM installed it might just not work.

If it doesn't work then I would suggest installing the ROM again on top of the new radio update if you did it the other way round.

Hope you get it sorted.

Phil

• Like 1

Thanks for that mate, yes I did try that.

It's now working as of this morning - it was the radio/baseband upgrade that fixed it B)

When I had trouble with the Octy OEM kit it was the same - I got it paired and synced with no trouble, it was just the single of issue of getting audio over the BT link that was the problem.

Cheers,

Steve

Cool! Thought it would be that holding you up!

At least you're all up to date now too and glad it's working for you now! Nothing more frustrating than having a new toy and not being able to use it!

It is also worth checking periodically on that thread for the expansion updates that he keeps releasing. They often have a load of new features and/or bug fixes etc. The latest bit of usefulness in the new update is the wired tether app... like wireless tether but just works over USB with no drivers etc needed.

Phil

• Like 1

Thanks again Phil - yes I'll keep an eye on it. With this version I don't seem to have the same animation/screen fade options as before, but I'm not bothered as the BT now works properly! :D

I would be interested in the wired tether now, as I never really got the wireless version to work successfully. I also need to look at the Apps2SD side of things as well again.

Cheers,

Steve

Well as with the email you have sent me you need the expansion pack to give you the spare parts app and wired tether. The spare parts app has loads of extra animation options in. Also the standard animation might be disabled by default to improve performance perhaps?

The apps to SD is very easy. you literally need to partition your SD into two. A FAT 32 and an Ext3 parttition (of about 500mb should do it) and the ROM does the rest for you.

The only thing it does complicate is future rom upgrades where you need to quickly format the ext2 partition before things will work again.

Phil

Now stuck with the recovery image issue, as per my last email, so I can't get the expansion pack update back on. Given up for today! But at least the issue first raised in this thread is sorted :)

Now stuck with the recovery image issue, as per my last email, so I can't get the expansion pack update back on. Given up for today! But at least the issue first raised in this thread is sorted :)

So is it working , in english , yes or no would work best for me, dont blame the instillation and my cookie still wonk work ... pahhh :thumbdown: