Trip computer

shrub

I have taken a look at the online Yeti owners manual and can't quite see the difference between the standard trip computer as found in the 'E' and 'S' models and the 'maxi dot' trip computer. Does the standard (non maxi dot) display mpg etc... Anyone shed any light? Thanks.

Edited by shrub

I have taken a look at the online Yeti owners manual and can't quite see the difference between the standard trip computer as found in the 'E' and 'S' models and the 'maxi dot' trip computer. Does the standard (non maxi dot) display mpg etc... Anyone shed any light? Thanks.

The standard Information Display will give you:

The outside temperature

Driving time

Current fuel consumption

Average fuel consumption

Range

Distance driven

Average speed

Maxidot adds extra features and the option to change or adjust settings on the car. Probably looking at the manual again P 25 on will better explain these options.

My link

Edit

Maxidot from my point of view is only beneficial if you have a reasonably high spec with options that can be personalised through this interface.

Edited by The Plumber
  • Like 1

The manual isn't altogether clear as to how the standard display functions though. They use an ' * ' to denote things that may not be present on all models but to me It's not as obvious as it could be which functions you do get.

For example: the standard display does have a speed warning function, it will flash up a warning if you go over a speed that you have pre-set . The manual explains the maxi-dot version but not the standard version and as you can see above in Mr Plumber's list - it's not obvious it's there at all.

The maxidot will also show messages as which bulb just died and when you have to go to service. (and also a lot of other messages). It also shows you which door is open.

The options as a trip computer are mostly the same.