Bloody irritating rattly/ rustling noise

Right, it only happens when my Octy is warmed up and its coming from the strangest place, underneath the steering wheel!!!

My Octy is only 1.5 years old, and i only bought it 2 weeks ago, but this noise is doing my head in.

Its not a throaty rattle, but more of a cross between a rattle and a crisp bag rustle. I know its below the steering wheel, because when i lower the wheel it muffles it.

It only happens when im driving.

Help me please!!!!! :mad:

JD

Right' date=' it only happens when my Octy is warmed up and its coming from the strangest place, underneath the steering wheel!!!

My Octy is only 1.5 years old, and i only bought it 2 weeks ago, but this noise is doing my head in.

Its not a throaty rattle, but more of a cross between a rattle and a crisp bag rustle. I know its below the steering wheel, because when i lower the wheel it muffles it.

It only happens when im driving.

Help me please!!!!! :mad:

JD[/quote']

It's amusing you should say this, as my 54 Octy vRS also has exactly the same problem and it's doing my head in. Tried pushing and prodding all I can but no difference. I also find that it only tends to happen when going uphill.

It's amusing you should say this, as my 54 Octy vRS also has exactly the same problem and it's doing my head in. Tried pushing and prodding all I can but no difference. I also find that it only tends to happen when going uphill.

My 54 also has this problem, very irritating. It seemed to start after I had adjusted the steering column. It stops when you push the dash down, but obviously you can not drive like that. I was thinking of wedging something between the column & the dash as it also stops then.

Glad to hear im not the only one. I think next time its in for a service i will get them to check it out, along with the creak in the passenger side door (front or back, i don't know).

It should all be done under warranty anyway.

Rattles never bothered me in my 8 year old golf!!

JD