central locking issue

a-za-za-z

hello all, i have bought a used skoda fabia 2 weeks ago from a dealer. At that time there was a problem with the locking system as the doors wont lock with the remote. The dealer then assured me that he will get it fixed, later on he called up and said that the skoda dealer said that there is a lot of work as they have to remove the dashboard to fix the problem and it will be after christmas but he gave me an option to fit an alternative alarm immobiliser which he said will work. Now i have got the car and he has fitted viper alarm and it doesnt seems to be working..the issues i face are 1) unable to open passenger doors and need to keep trying many times before they finally open 2) the alarm will go off even while i am inside the car 3) not really sure if the alarm immobiliser fitted even does the job or is it just some kind of keyless entry system to the car that he has installed. I raised this issues with the dealer but it seems that he is not bothered anymore, having SOLD the car to me.

Also, if i want to get rid of this new system that he has fitted and want the original key and factory fitted alarm immobiliser to work what should i do, also bearing in mind the monetary aspect.

any advise and help regarding this would be appreciated.

thanks.

Edited by a-za-za-z

As far as my knowledge goes with alarms he's "piggy backed" the Viper system into your existing central locking system. Usually all these alarm system, cat 1 or what have you, require the car to have existing central locking to be installed as all it does is when it receives code from your remote it tells the central locking system to fire the motors to unlock the doors. So if existing central locking is not working properly it will still not work properly with this system, unless it some hows bypasses the existing setup and runs its own motors and control unit, which doesn't sound like the case if the passenger door is being problematic, sounds like the motor is still trying to call off the OE unit..

To answer question 2, the alarm will go off if you lock the doors with the key fob and the engine is off as its expecting that you have left the car and armed it, and starts up the "motion" sensors inside the car, so as soon as it kicks in and detects movement it sets off.. but there is a way of locking the doors and disarming the sensors inside.. with Clifford and Toad systems its usually hit the "lock" button twice, not sure with Viper systems..

Last and not least, if its a Thatcham Cat 1 approved system it will have alarm and immobiliser, and I guess the alarm works cause its set off with you inside it making it think you are an intruder lol.. the immobiliser I believe should be connected to either ignition or fuel pump circuits.. basically if the Viper isn't disarmed you aren't going to be able to start the car.. either by not having the spark or not having the fuel.. no real way of testing other than just assuming its been done properly and its working..

Thats my 2p worth.. hope it helps.. and as I say its my understanding of how these things work due to friendly installers having a chat with me whilst they installed systems into my old cars, so if anything is wrong or inaccurate then please correct me :)