My car is very cold

Hi to all i hope that you all had a wonderfull cristmas day, i got a skoda superb II 1.9 tdi pd and now that the weather is very cold he starts the engine in more and less 1000 rpm , sometimes i don´t start my drive right way and he montains the 1000 rpm today to see i keep the engine running for 20 minutes and the 1000 rpm still there is this normally thanks

best regards

Hi to all i hope that you all had a wonderfull cristmas day, i got a skoda superb II 1.9 tdi pd and now that the weather is very cold he starts the engine in more and less 1000 rpm , sometimes i don´t start my drive right way and he montains the 1000 rpm today to see i keep the engine running for 20 minutes and the 1000 rpm still there is this normally thanks

best regards

???? what i dont really understand what your saying? it doesn't really make sence mate?

I think this question is referring to the increased revs, both on start and for any idling time, in colder weather. I don't have the same engine, but that sounds like normal "auto start" behaviour (would be automatic choke on a petrol unit) to me.

My preference would not be to let a cold engine idel, but to drive it as soon as it started, BTW. :)

Ray

Edited by Argee

best regards

Supuoogle Translation

Hi to all I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas day, I have a Skoda Superb II 1.9 tdi pd and now that the weather is very cold she idles the engine at more or less 1000 rpm , sometimes I don´t drive off right away and she mantained the 1000 rpm today, to check I kept the engine running for 20 minutes and the 1000 rpm idle is still there, is this normally thanks.

Best Regards.

If it helps mate, mine is the same engine but auto in a MK1, iirc it starts up and idles both hot and cold at 850 rpm, as your car is newer it could be a case of they've set it to run at 1000 rpm to help get rid of turbo lag setting off, what country are you from and has it been under 2 degs lately.

Edited by Supurbia

i think he's saying the car is idling faster in the cold, and that it doesn't get warm idling.

Not warming up idling is normal, and I thimk my Leon has idled a bit faster in the cold. Just start it and drive it: if the idle settles down then don't worry.