P1531 fault code - help !

Gibbs

Hi guys,

I have P1531 - Chamsaft timing adjustment - Open circuit fault code. I deleted it but comes back.

Does nobody know the solution? I changed the N205 valve, checked fuses, wiring. I found nothing... :(

Somebody talks to me: "You have to upgrade the software on your ECU"

Somebody has an idea, where I can ask about it? (another forum etc.)

Gibbs

What car?, what engine? Open circuit suggests that the camshaft sensor might be unplugged.

Skoda Octavia RS 2.0 TFSI, engine code: BWA

Yeah I know what means the open circuit. I'm sure the sensor is plugged :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi did you have an update on this I have the same problem I have an Octavia 2.0 T FSI VRS 06 Reg and it has the same code with the engine light on P1531 Camshaft timing adjustment - Open circuit. I have taken the engine cover off and all sensors look plugged in can anyone show me where the offending sensor is and what it is like to change do the cams need to come out? Also how I can check that is at fault as I have been told the sensor is £260-£270 and want to be sure it is that before spending out that sort of cash. I have attached some photos the first is the engine bay from above the 2nd is the pass side and the 3rd is the drivers side.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff41/elloboss/DSC03341.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff41/elloboss/DSC03342.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff41/elloboss/DSC03343.jpg

Any help or advice much appreciated

Regards

Galee

Hi did you have an update on this I have the same problem I have an Octavia 2.0 T FSI VRS 06 Reg and it has the same code with the engine light on P1531 Camshaft timing adjustment - Open circuit. I have taken the engine cover off and all sensors look plugged in can anyone show me where the offending sensor is and what it is like to change do the cams need to come out? Also how I can check that is at fault as I have been told the sensor is £260-£270 and want to be sure it is that before spending out that sort of cash. I have attached some photos the first is the engine bay from above the 2nd is the pass side and the 3rd is the drivers side.

Hi man,

Here you are the picture what you want:

http://web.t-online.hu/csaszi02/n205.JPG

This is the Chamsaft adjustment valve. The P1531 fault code means this valve is fault or the valve is disconnected. You can check your sensor is good or bad:

-Disconnect your sensor

-Use the ohm meter and check your valve's resistance. It's about 10-13 Ohm. If not you have to replace the valve.

If the resistance is ok you have to check SB38 Fuse ! I hope you know where is it :) This is a 10A fuse (Beside a battery, use your owners manual)

If the fuse is ok you have to check the valve's connector. Use WD-40 spray for the sure connection.

You can check the wiring but is too complicated. If you want I can tell you how to check it....

Gibbs

• 8 months later...

Hi Gibbs I know this is a old thread and I stll have the problem not even looked at this since Jan. I am now back on the case any chance you can reupload the photo again as it has gone now. I will get me multimeter ready or tomorrow.

Cheers

Galee