Battery replacement

Mornin' all

I've got an 06 Octavia L & K diesel estate. The battery is getting a bit tired.

Disconecting the existing one will mean entering the security code to get the radio working again.

I've had the car from new, but I can't find it in any of the documentation. Any ideas where I might find it?

There are a few numbers attached to the spare key, but nothing to suggest what they are.

What else goes 'pear shaped' when you disconnect the battery?

Cheers

Dave

Mornin' all

I've got an 06 Octavia L & K diesel estate. The battery is getting a bit tired.

Disconecting the existing one will mean entering the security code to get the radio working again.

I've had the car from new, but I can't find it in any of the documentation. Any ideas where I might find it?

There are a few numbers attached to the spare key, but nothing to suggest what they are.

What else goes 'pear shaped' when you disconnect the battery?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

As far as I know you should not loose the radio code, as long as it the original (you say you have had it from new) but the only other thing you will lose

is the "one touch" on the windows, but that is a quick reset (do a search on the forum) but on our Fabia, you just press the button to do the window top

to bottom.

But a little tip so you don't loose anything, beg,borrow, or steal (I did not say that) another battery, place at the side of the car, use some jump leads

and connect to the spare battery, and then loosen the nuts on your battery, and connect the leads to the connectors, lift off the posts, replace the battery

and put the connectors on the new battery, remove leads, and tighten the nuts up and this way you will not loose any settings

Radiotwo

As long as its the original radio code, it will request a code on the display but when you put the key into the ignition the code should be drawn from it and the radio should operate again as normal.

How clever is that? Makes sense if you think about it. If the radio was stolen, it would not be 'rebootable' without the legitimate key.

I'd still like to know where the original code is stored though.

Thanks Turbo

Dave

How clever is that? Makes sense if you think about it. If the radio was stolen, it would not be 'rebootable' without the legitimate key.

I'd still like to know where the original code is stored though.

Thanks Turbo

Dave

I only know this after I disconnected my battery, then frantically looked everywhere for a radio code without any luck. Then put the key in the ignition to start the car to move it and bingo. I think if you need the code you will have to go to your local dealer and they request it from Skoda.

No problem

John

I know yours is a MK2 but on my MK1 L&K the radio came from the factory not requiring a code to be entered.This feature could be entered after delivery if wished,so yours maybe the same.

As to using slave batteries/cars,don't do it,it's a spike waiting to happen.

I'd recomend one of these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_212869_langId_-1_categoryId_165557

I had a rechargable version till some kind soul lifted it.

Use a Duracell PP3,you could borrow the one from your test meter if you have one.

I know yours is a MK2 but on my MK1 L&K the radio came from the factory not requiring a code to be entered.This feature could be entered after delivery if wished,so yours maybe the same.

As to using slave batteries/cars,don't do it,it's a spike waiting to happen.

I'd recomend one of these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_212869_langId_-1_categoryId_165557

I had a rechargable version till some kind soul lifted it.

Use a Duracell PP3,you could borrow the one from your test meter if you have one.

Thanks for the link Fodenham