Fabia heater not working

Bennie

Hi all, looking for a little advice regarding my girlfriends 06 plate elegance tdi, the heater does not seem to give out hot air, I have read that there has been problems with a flap motor, Is there anything that I can check before I get the car checked out?

Regards Bennie

It may well be the flap motors, which might just need resetting rather than replacing - but when they go, it tends to be that you either get freezing air or roasting-hot air and nothing in-between. Be aware, though, that ALL diesels will take absolute ages to get warm in this cold weather...

It may well be the flap motors, which might just need resetting rather than replacing - but when they go, it tends to be that you either get freezing air or roasting-hot air and nothing in-between. Be aware, though, that ALL diesels will take absolute ages to get warm in this cold weather...

Thanks for your reply mate, she tells me that even after 10 mins or a run the air is only slightly different from the cold setting to the hot setting, do you know if it would show up in a vehicle diagnostic check?

Regards Bennie

As far as a I know a fault with the motors will show up on a fault scan, as my wife's has a second-hand heater control panel that always throws up a spurious fault with the flap motors due to me installing it with the temperature on a different setting to the one it replaced! :doh:

On the other hand, a diesel won't warm up at idle AT ALL in this cold weather, and I reckon I need to have done a good couple of miles of driving before I get warm air out of the vents...

As far as a I know a fault with the motors will show up on a fault scan, as my wife's has a second-hand heater control panel that always throws up a spurious fault with the flap motors due to me installing it with the temperature on a different setting to the one it replaced! :doh:

On the other hand, a diesel won't warm up at idle AT ALL in this cold weather, and I reckon I need to have done a good couple of miles of driving before I get warm air out of the vents...

Cheers mate for your quick reply and will have a look at it myself this afternoon.

I can certainly add to that and say that If I do a ten minute journey through town between idle and 30mph tops, the thermostat hardly budges. Need to hit the national speed limit roads before I start to feel the warmth in this weather! (1.9TDI)

Hi all, just been for a reasonable run and the warm air is comming through the vents and the temp gauge was not fully at 90

degrees, all seams ok just the girlfriend not understanding about the cold weather we are getting just now.

Thanks again

That's one thing about my VRS that bugs me, if I'm freezing at some outdoor event I can't jump in the car, turn it on and heat up, because at idle it doesn't warm up at all even after 15-20 mins. It only heats up when I drive.