Who has Maxidot in their 2008 or below on their vrs tdi

Hey guys,

Who has maxidot on their vrs tdis, not on about the facelift 2009 above the ones below. It was a optional extra wasnt it ?

Im hunting on autotrader trying to find one which has it, but no luck.

Thanks.

Yes it was sort of an option...the cars in stock in the UK were this many, the colour I liked were this many and oh yes, this one's got maxidot so I'll charge you a bit extra !

It's the one with the large rectangular screen on the dash. No pics as the camera's playing up, sorry. I'm sure someone wil be along soon with some.

Not only does it look good but it gives access to lots of features like anti hijack door locks and coming home/leaving home lights etc etc.

It might not be listed as 'maxidot' outside of Skoda circles, it might just be called a trip computer to the uninitiated.

Its always been an option, the only one that had it standard was the vRS Limited Edition.

Edited by dstev2000

Oh I see, very helpful image and information guys thanks !

I want to go for the CR engine as I've heard from one of the guys on here whos had both and said he found the cr to be a lot smooth and linear in its power delivery.

Not only does it look good but it gives access to lots of features like anti hijack door locks and coming home/leaving home lights etc etc.

A feature we all use once! It's how it looks that is the main selling point.

Steve

A feature we all use once! It's how it looks that is the main selling point.

Steve

Once is better than never.

This forum regularly gets questions from people asking how to alter various comfort settings on the Octavia which usually require a visit to the dealer or a VCDS tweak unless maxidot is fitted.

The FL maxidot has even more options and settings.

The added functionality means just as much as the appearance.

It is possible to retrofit Maxidot by installing a new instrument cluster and twiddling with VAG-COM. If you want to retro fit the OEM bluetooth kit then it's a must have.

There has been group buys in the past, but I can't remember the cost.

I want to go for the CR engine as I've heard from one of the guys on here whos had both and said he found the cr to be a lot smooth and linear in its power delivery.

I've had both the 2.0 TDi in PD form and now the CR. IMO the CR is a million times better apart from it's less brutal with the power. To me the PD had a wave of torque from say 1200 but the CR just pulls like a train without the iniital kick in the pants...which some people like. I'd have the CR again any day.

Look at this link -

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/138519-dension-gateway-100300-can-with-maxidot-integration-fitted/page__st__40__p__1738530__hl__%20dension%20pictures__fromsearch__1entry1738530