Rear Wiper replacement on VRS hatchback

I've been meaning to change the rear wiper blade on my VRS for a while and decided today to go to Halfords to get a replacement. Unfortunately, by the time I bought it the light was failing and it was difficult to see how you remove it. I was expecting it to be the same as replacing front wiper blades, but it didn't look anything like it. Can someone who has done this before let me know how to do it. Many Thanks Paul

I found out how it came off accidently. it had frozen to the glass. I had pulled the actual arm up away from the glass, and the metal wiper arm and rubber stuck to the glass. It just clips on.

Edited by sparky93

Depends on how old the vRS is. Pre-53 plate are different to the 53 plate and newer.

The later ones just clip on and are also curved like the front passenger ones. They are about a fiver from the dealers.

Thanks guys, sounds straightforward. The vRS is an 03 so it looks like a clip on job. One more question - how does the washer mount then? - from the brief look I had it looked like that was also clipped into the wiper blade. Many thanks Paul

Thanks guys, sounds straightforward. The vRS is an 03 so it looks like a clip on job. One more question - how does the washer mount then? - from the brief look I had it looked like that was also clipped into the wiper blade. Many thanks Paul

It is a straight forward job. The washer jets are mounted into the wiper arm and just clip in. The hose routes down the back of the wiper arm and then up under the wiper arm plastic cover that fit's over the nut.