remap?

dee87

iv been looking through various forums and i think im more confused on what to do now.

im looking for just a generic remap for my octy mrk1 with "the best" bhp n torque increases, but iv read that there is a limit to the amount of torque the OEM clutch can take and something about the petrol used alter the effects. :S

basically i really want to keep the everything standard other than the remap and run it on normal petrol,

what would be the best figures i "should be able" to achieve?

which remap is recommended? (shark, revo, jabba)

Guest westallc

clutch will be fine its the diesel fabia vrs that have an issue when mapped

you should see on stock petrol and a generic map 210bhp and 240-250 torques

enjoy

Yeah that. :thumbup:

As westallc has said, the diesels put out a lot more torque than the petrol models, and the clutch seems ok up to around 300lb-ft on those. The petrols don't seem to have too many clutch probs unless the clutch is nearing the end of its life anyway, or has been abused.

Stage 1 maps are designed around an otherwise standard or lightly modified car, and give roughly the power figures above. I'm having a stage 1 remap on mine in just over a week along with a Pipercross panel filter (compliments a st1 map nicely and allows better breathing at higher rpm) and a Forge 007p recirc dump valve, because the stock dump valve uses a rubber diaphragm which tends to split after a remap anyway.

As far as fuel is concerned, I spoke to Jabba who can do a slightly tamer map if you plan on running it on normal (95ron) fuel. Also the P-Torque map that I'm getting soon is fine on 95ron but still takes advantage of 98/99.

To be honest though, I've just ran a tank of 95 through and have got only 305 miles to reserve. On V-power I normally see 340-350 miles. So for the extra 3 quid a tank that V-power costs, you're getting an extra 35 miles anyway, which works out cheaper. :)

Plus you don't get the full-fat 180bhp on 95 octane, you get a semi-skimmed 170ish apparently.