Remote control for Webasto (Aux heater or parking heater)

alecdan

Now installed the kit, so far i can only stop the heater from the remote, i guess the programming will fix that. As i don't know anyone with a vcds tool i have to do that at my local Skoda dealer. I have tough a cheap ELM 327 USB device from dealextreme but i assume that won't do it, have not bothered trying.

But i read something interesting in the manual for the remote, each time you learn a remote it will forget the old one, is that true? Can you only have one remote configured? That is really a drawback as me and my girlfriend have our separate set of keys.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now installed the kit, so far i can only stop the heater from the remote, i guess the programming will fix that. As i don't know anyone with a vcds tool i have to do that at my local Skoda dealer. I have tough a cheap ELM 327 USB device from dealextreme but i assume that won't do it, have not bothered trying.

But i read something interesting in the manual for the remote, each time you learn a remote it will forget the old one, is that true? Can you only have one remote configured? That is really a drawback as me and my girlfriend have our separate set of keys.

Dont worry, there is a buffer of 4 transmitters.

Dont worry, there is a buffer of 4 transmitters.

Thanks MStar,

I have now sucessfully programmed three remotes, but it's only if i start it with the one that came with the kit i get a feedback on the

LED every 2 seconds or so.

I can start the heater with the two additional remotes, but i get no feedback. Anyone know a solution to this issue?

Can't change mode or duration with two extras either.

Do you get any LEDs when you press and hold both the on and off buttons?

No i don't, maybe a small blink but not like the "main" one.

I have programmed them as the manual says, fuse out 5sec, insert and press off button within 5 sec. And they do start the heater.

Make sure all the remotes are exactly the same. Take off the battery covers and check the part codes.

Are they VAG badged or Webasto badged?

I had a look behind the battery, all three remotes are T91R, i have two with Skoda logo and one with VW logo.

Is it the VW one that gets the feedback?

The remote system is very crude. IIRC, the remote transmits w-bus commands which are sent unmodified to the Webasto control unit. If the remote doesn't request feedback you don't get it.

Some of the commands on the remote only affect the remote. It is only when you send an on command that the setting if used and it is only the remote that turned on the Webasto that gets feedback.

Have you tried all the options in the manual for the T91 remote?

Is it the VW one that gets the feedback?

The remote system is very crude. IIRC, the remote transmits w-bus commands which are sent unmodified to the Webasto control unit. If the remote doesn't request feedback you don't get it.

Some of the commands on the remote only affect the remote. It is only when you send an on command that the setting if used and it is only the remote that turned on the Webasto that gets feedback.

Have you tried all the options in the manual for the T91 remote?

It is the one that came with the kit that get's feedback, it's with Skoda badge.

I think i have tried everything mentioned in the manual, but i will give it another shot, i might have missed something.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I will pick up my 2011 Yeti 110kW, 4x4 , DSG this coming week.

have plans to buy the Remote kit from http://www.carsystem...ital,id109.html, have seen it being mentioned above however don't really see anybody saying ...ALL OK

after the system is mounted, do I need to go to a Skoda workshop and have them change some codes

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi all!

(This may be my first post, can't remember if i've posted before...)

I tried to get the place where i bought my Skoda Octavia winter brand new last year to retrofit the remote for the Aux. heater.

They had the car and the T91 kit all day yesterday and ended up not doing anything. As far as i can see it's pretty much explained here, so i'll give it a go myself.

Is anyone able to forward the T91 installation guide to me? The guide in the link above seems to relate to T90?

Or does anyone know of a place near Oslo in Norway which may be able to actually do the job?

Thankful for all answers!

Hi!

> Has anyone may submit the T91 installation guide for me?

It is also the T91.

I have the Octavia 2010 + factory Webasto.

It is also normal Webasto T91, it is not VAG T91. Installation with the guide of that.

Car computer must be programmed. Skoda servicing it did for me.

Hi!

> Has anyone may submit the T91 installation guide for me?

It is also the T91.

I have the Octavia 2010 + factory Webasto.

It is also normal Webasto T91, it is not VAG T91. Installation with the guide of that.

Car computer must be programmed. Skoda servicing it did for me.

Thanks for the quick answer, Taky!

How did you get the bracket mentioned in the instructions? This did not come with my kit.

I've got a Webasto Thermo-Top V, originally intended for a Land-Rover Freelander, fitted to my 1959 Land-Rover Series 2 and it makes going to work at 03:00 on a winter's morning bearable!

I was staggered that Skoda UK wouldn't supply my Yeti with one fitted. Even in the UK we do get winter weather that makes them a welcome addition to the car. I've noticed a very small improvement in fuel economy with my Landy (I've a 200TDi engine fitted from an early 90s Discovery) as the warm-up times are reduced to nil.

I've got mine set up with a Webasto timer controller so that I can have the car pre-warmed before I set off. If I forget to set the timer there's a switch that automatically starts the heater when you start the engine if temperatures are below 6 degrees C (IIRC), so the Webasto is feeding the car's heater with 5KW of heat energy almost immediately.

I've got heated windscreen glass in the old bus too, which are a great help as the standard ventilation/demisting leaves a lot to be desired. I was somewhat irked to find that, because we ordered an Urban, with it's fixed specification, I couldn't get a factory heated screen for the Yeti either.

Still, there is a certain irony in my daily driver is 52 years old and is sitting there warm and snug waiting for me whilst I'm scraping the ice off my wife's brand new daily I suppose... :D

Glen.

• 2 months later...

Doing this job this weekend on a 2010 Octavia, with and old T-90 unit and a T80 remote, which I plan to change to a T-91 and use the T-80 hooked up to a GSM receiver to give me a better range.

Crude work around but works on Land rovers so hope it will work here too.

Henning did you gett your installation sorted out ?

Glen

Doing this job this weekend on a 2010 Octavia, with and old T-90 unit and a T80 remote, which I plan to change to a T-91 and use the T-80 hooked up to a GSM receiver to give me a better range.

Crude work around but works on Land rovers so hope it will work here too.

Henning did you gett your installation sorted out ?

Glen

Unfortunately not. I have not had the time to sort out the missing bracket and there also seems to be some difference between the cables on my kit and the available contacts on my car.