1 button on 3 button key fob doesnt work

gman1974

Hi everyone, Just this morning my fob wont unlock the car, I have to manually insert the key, but it will remotely lock the car and open the boot! Could this just be the battery? If so, what type of battery is it??

Many Thanks

Graeme

Hi everyone, Just this morning my fob wont unlock the car, I have to manually insert the key, but it will remotely lock the car and open the boot! Could this just be the battery? If so, what type of battery is it??

Many Thanks

Graeme

Battery is CR 2032 You should have two remotes, does the other one work OK? Unlikely to be battery as they just die and nothing works. Probably faulty button on remote.

Battery is CR 2032 You should have two remotes, does the other one work OK? Unlikely to be battery as they just die and nothing works. Probably faulty button on remote.

Sorry have to disagree, every time my battery has started to die it is the opening that as gone first, with the locking working fine. Replace the battery and I bet it will be fine :)

Thanks for the speedy replies. ..i just have the one key, My wife lost the other one last year. I will try a new battery and see what happens.

Cheers