Removing vRS Washer Reservoir

Hi folks,

has anyone removed the washer reservoir from their vRS before?

My rear washer stopped working last week, and the usual suspects (pipe at motor beneath tailgate trim), (pipe behind CD Autochanger) were both holding after my last fixes when they went before.

I eventually found the problem to be a pipe which is kind of between the washer reservoir and inner wing which connects to the rear wiper motor.

I can see this has popped off but it looks like i'll need to remove the reservoir to get to it and reattach.

The reservoir looks pretty well set in there, and it looks like I may need to remove a lot of other stuff to get it out. Anyone ever done it before?

Got any tips?

Cheers,

Steven

Remove the two bolts holding the carbon canister (black box next to the washer res)... 10mm. Keep them safe. You can then manoeuvre the canister around as needed to get access.

There's two black plastic "bolts" hold the washer bottle in, one at the top, one at the bottom. Remove these, then pop the pump out the bottom (push fit), then remove reservoir. 15 minutes if you take your time.

Remove the two bolts holding the carbon canister (black box next to the washer res)... 10mm. Keep them safe. You can then manoeuvre the canister around as needed to get access.

There's two black plastic "bolts" hold the washer bottle in, one at the top, one at the bottom. Remove these, then pop the pump out the bottom (push fit), then remove reservoir. 15 minutes if you take your time.

I did exactly this yesterday as mine had popped off in the same place. Didn't need to remove the washer bottle though, once the carbon canister was moved up and away from the inner wing there was access to push the pipe back together.

One of the bolts holding the carbon canister on was a PITA though as the fixing wanted to rotate in its rubber bushing rather than undo. It came apart in the end but I could do with a new bush now really as it "fell apart" in the end!!

("fell apart" could also mean "was ripped to shreds in a hissy fit" after fighting with it for 20 mins - I'll let you decide!! ;) )