Left rear door problem

datair

Good day to all,

I have a problem, when i open the my skoda octavia 1.6 year 2000, all 3 doors go open normaly and my left rear door don't react at all.

do somebody have any solution how to get the door open?

Thank you.

Guest westallc

is it deadlocked???

if it is your infor a hard time lol

you will have to get the door card off wich is hard as the door is closed but not impossible

then you have to smash the old motor off to get to the mechanism then find the right bar to pull and it will open

new motor £80 skoda

Good day to all,

I have a problem, when i open the my skoda octavia 1.6 year 2000, all 3 doors go open normaly and my left rear door don't react at all.

do somebody have any solution how to get the door open?

Thank you.

I have just had a similar experience but the door intermittently would open, the cause was the loom - where it enters the door, the wire insulation had fatigued and cracked in the cold weather, and after 9years!

Repaired the loom and all is well. The internal grommet appeared to never have be inserted into the metal causing it to wear the wire insulation from the start.

Hope you are successful in getting it open.

I wondered if you could get the door card off then power artificially the motor (9v battery) by finding the wire colour then it maybe possible to undeadlock without smashing the lock assembly? - remember to unplug from the control module in the door first.

The motor wire colours are: Yellow(plane) and Green(plane) (according to Haynes) - which was correct for my 2000X reg Facelift Mk1

Hope you succeed

James