How fast is too fast in a 30 limit?

Yella

How fast is too fast?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How fast is too fast in a 30 limit?

• 31+
    • 32+
    • 33+
    • 34+
    • 35+
    • 36+
    • 38+
    • 40+
    • 42+
    • 44+

Good little debate people.

The reason I ask is that I tend to do people going 45+ in a 30 and only one has felt hard done by and he was doing 58! (For future reference the excuse of testing your car's performance doesn't usually wash). I hasten to add that this is not because I feel that 44 is acceptable but I am usually able to find a 45+ within 15 minutes of waiting. If I did someone at 37 I'm bound to be passed by someone going faster.

And I have a friend who was done by Humberside Police doing 31 in a 30. Luckily for him he lives in the Czech Republic where you must have your licence on you when you drive so he couldn't send it across to the UK. The ticket was then written off!

The limit is 30 .Most times it's sensible ,but more often the 30 is getting misused .Like the non sensible reductions in limits - your friends are only adding to the problem - anything over 40 - I'd start looking at idiot ( or TROL)

The limit is 30 .Most times it's sensible ,but more often the 30 is getting misused .Like the non sensible reductions in limits - your friends are only adding to the problem - anything over 40 - I'd start looking at idiot ( or TROL)

Sorry mate I'm not sure I understood your grammar there. Are you calling me an idiot or those who go over 40?

Non-sensible reductions are a pet hate of mine. The worst offenders are the 40 limits they have started to place in the run up to 30 limits in an attempt to lower peoples speeds when they hit the 30. If the 30 is signed properly then there should be no need for these 40 limits. Unfortunately this is due to people inability to reduce their speed quickly and safely enough.

Unless the poll allows all options to be selected, it's irrelevant.

It all depends on the individual conditions of the road, weather conditions, traffic, time of day - the list goes on...