Fabia Remote central locking

pmh

Hi All

We have a Fabia 2006 6y model - 3 cyl classic. It is with central locking but without remote control.

The Wife wishes a remote control for birthday.

How much do I need to do this. Found 6Y0959753E - will that be enough or do I need a receiver also.

Is there any no original manufacturer kit available that is working ok? Found a lot on Ebay but do not know what the quality is like and how big a hassle it is to install.

The cheapest way to do this is to fit an after market alarm such as the Laser-Line series. You would need to change the cars convenience unit for a Skoda remote to work.

I have now purchased 6y0959753E

I hope I can use it for the central locking on the Fabia Classic 6Y

What do I need more?

New convenience unit? Will that do the job. Is the remote wireless receiver housed inside the convenience unit? What code will fit the above transmitter?

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much for your help Moggy Tech.

The last link was for a complete kit with actuators. The car already has central locking - just need the remote part.

I do not want to install an alarm - not impressed with all the bipping flashing cars with false alarms. I'm also not so interested to install a cheap chinease remote locking kit.

I prefer to find the correct convenience unit perhaps as a used part and what exect parts in needed.

Hope there is a tech on this forum that can help me with the correct code for the unit............