Unbearable smugness

I don't want to regret the bland looking vRS unless I think I can overcome that.

Maybe the answer is a Vrs with a few mods to make it a little more "special"?

Lower, nice wheels etc i particularly like this car (from the picture thread) with the oettinger wheels :

RSOettinger2.jpg

RSOettinger.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tha Mazda 6 is such a cracking car .... and in my mind.

If only the vRS looked as good as a Mazda 6 I would be signing up right this moment! :thumbup:

It might look all right on the outside but the inside looks very cheap and nasty!

At my advancing age, and because I keep my cars a long time, this could be my final car .... I need to get it right.

I don't want to regret the bland looking vRS unless I think I can overcome that.

Well, if you're going to keep it as long as you reckon, and what with your advanced years, your eyesight will soon be shot to pieces so you'll no longer be able to see what it looks like anyway ;):D

Bland = Stealth. And in this day and age that is no bad thing. My standard on the outside silver Impreza estate looks like a middle aged housewife's tip-run car (which actually it is :giggle: ) but it doesn't 'alf go well - it's stealthy, which I like.

Edited by Scoobychick

Because:-

I just keep looking and looking and trying to convince myself that I could live with the bland looks .... I'm struggling - why, oh why doesn't the vRS look better? :'(

Can't agree with the bland looks, probably that it is more subtle. I have had a number of people doing double takes and trying to work out what it is. The vRS has just enough to distinguish it from the rest of the range. The interior, especially in the FL. is certainly a step up.

As a number of people have said, the Impreza is certainly distinctive and performs well, but hardly a looker (though I did like the 22B).

At my advancing age, and because I keep my cars a long time, this could be my final car .... I need to get it right.

If you bought an Octavia now, you would be daft as a brush, and dare i say it, a bit of a laughing stock!

It's only the price that's piqued your interest in the Octavia. Price alone is never a good reason to buy a car. You pay the purchase price once, 6 months later you'll struggle to remember what day of the week you paid your money -- the shine on an Octavia would be completely lost by 6 months later, and you're left with a car you don't like for the rest of your days. You'd be nuts to do that to yourself considering the other options out there.

The back seats in a scooby fold down, if your dog will fit in an Octavia, it will fit with the seats folded in a scooby. They depreciate quite a bit, so they're very affordable nearly new -- an all singing all dancing WRX STi Type UK only a year old with 6k miles is £16k on autotrader right now (search near Glasgow). That's the same price as the Octavia B)

If it must be a new car, but you still want it look like an Impreza, you can get a brand new Kia pro'ceed on the road for less than £11k with a 7 year warranty :thumbup:

I am a long-time Subaru fan/owner and used to own a 2007 Impreza Hawkeye (WRX). The hatch was a step to far for me though, and after a few test drives I decided I couldn't live with it. It looks like a Kia and the inside is not that nice a place to be. They also took the edge off the driving experience and softened it up a bit compared to the old Imprezas. It feels a bit old fashioned in some ways to be honest.

I went for a petrol vRS and really have not looked back. The TFSI is a gem and comfortably rivals the 2.5 boxer in my old WRX. The secret is that it has strong torque from below 2000 to over 5000 rpm. With a Revo remap to 240PS or so, you have more than adequate power in all road situations. I think the only area that I feel its inferior to the WRX is straight line traction on hard acceleration - I miss the AWD of the Subaru.

If you are getting on a bit then why are you driving an Imprezza?

please dont tell me you are bald but have a pony tail... :'(

Edited by Greenie58

Oh and I also had a Focus ST for a while - lovely to drive but 22mpg? I couldn't afford to actually go anywhere :doh:

I don't want to sound sexist , bit i have never met a girl into motorsport and cars , your boy friend is a lucky lad! Make sure you tell him! ;)

Haven`t you made your mind up yet , stop dithering about you have exhausted one thread already when you joined , and now you have hijacked another . Give your dog to the RSPCA and keep your WRX, you have said all this before on the other thread!

I don't want to sound sexist , bit i have never met a girl into motorsport and cars , your boy friend is a lucky lad! Make sure you tell him! ;)

I do, I'm not sure he believes me though ;)

I get it from my parents, my dad is a petrolhead (71 yrs old, currently on his fourth Scoob, a hatchback STi) and my mum also has an interest although she was a bit annoyed when he went off and spent £600 on a new louder exhaust for it without telling her :giggle:

Dad and I love rallying and go to various WRC events when we can and I've also managed to get the boyfriend into it which is nice. I've loved cars since I was a baby when my dad bought me a toy Aston Martin, apparently I eschewed teddies and would only go to sleep if I had my Aston in the cot with me. My childhood was all about cars, and since then nothing else has ever really come close to interesting me as much. I just wish I had the money to indulge in them more :'(

When my boyfriend got his company car list he basically gave it to me to look at. I did the research, made the shortlist, ordered the brochures, took him round the dealers and sorted out the test drives but the ultimate choice was his. As long as he chose the vRS. Which fortunately he did! :rofl: He knows his place ;)

I do, I'm not sure he believes me though ;)

I get it from my parents, my dad is a petrolhead (71 yrs old, currently on his fourth Scoob, a hatchback STi) and my mum also has an interest although she was a bit annoyed when he went off and spent £600 on a new louder exhaust for it without telling her :giggle:

Dad and I love rallying and go to various WRC events when we can and I've also managed to get the boyfriend into it which is nice. I've loved cars since I was a baby when my dad bought me a toy Aston Martin, apparently I eschewed teddies and would only go to sleep if I had my Aston in the cot with me. My childhood was all about cars, and since then nothing else has ever really come close to interesting me as much. I just wish I had the money to indulge in them more emoticon-0106-crying.gif

When my boyfriend got his company car list he basically gave it to me to look at. I did the research, made the shortlist, ordered the brochures, took him round the dealers and sorted out the test drives but the ultimate choice was his. As long as he chose the vRS. Which fortunately he did! :rofl: He knows his place ;)

Nice one!! Shame i will miss f1 Tomorrow as it is mothers Day and we have 187 in for lunch< I am a chef> so will have to tape :doh: Edited by bluvrs2

Nice one!! Shame i will miss f1 Tomorrow as it is mothers Day and we have 187 in for lunch< I am a chef> so will have to tape :doh:

Blimey! I thought I had it bad and I'm only cooking for six and a half :giggle: Luckily as a family of petrolheads the F1 comes first, reagrdless of the occasion, and all women (excluding me) and kids will be banished from the lounge until after the race :D