Driver's door Skoda Felicia 1.6 W reg plate

Hi there,

Having problems trying to open door on my felicia 1.6, the electric mechanism is not working when key turned in lock and same problem exists with passenger

door but that door can be opened with door handle.

I am at the moment trying to remove inside fibreboard panel to access inside workings of lock mechanism, any tips or ideas would be great.

p.s the electric door mechanism has been working up until this problem, have checked fuses which appear o.k.

dont ask me, evidently i have the touch of an elephant, all i'd say is be gentle with the door card, the plastic peggy things break real easily.

as for fixing locks, i found them quite tricky too, i use my passenger door now.

rat rides are cool tho no?

my rear doors have the problem they dont like opening, but if you push them in and open at the same time they open fine, i spent ages trying open it, and my brother did it in seconds which was rather annoying!

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply's on the door problem, have sorted the problem out now, cleaned and snapped together the

electrical socket inside the door which runs up to electrical door lock mechanism and presto !!!! it works again.

Another item I noticed when sorting out lock problem is the black plastic coating which covers the metal pawls of the lock mechanism were a little frayed, could be they were interfering with smooth operation of lock, cut away any loose plastic

and that should help matters.

Thanks from Gerry.