More Warning Lights

Hi there , I took my car to a idependant in January 2010 to have a airbag light sorted . Soldered f/o/s/ wiring under seat . Light came back on today 18/03/10 so I took to the same indie . They stated that it was the f/n/s seat now that nedded soldering . They reset the light and driving it out the engine management light has come on and the car stalled . I limped it back to them and they reset this and they stated that it was something to do with the throttle sensor £460.00 to fix ???? and the eml is now on and won't go off

Seems strange that it went in for a air bag light and came out with an engine management light and a big bill . I only had the cam belt done last week at main dealers for £450.00 with water pump and they said nothing of any fault codes does anyone have any ideas .

Engine management light now gone off today 19/03/10 drives ok ??

2006 vrs octavia petrol

:wonder:

Funny you have come up with this! My airbag light came on and my local mechanic said the same thing....it needs re-soldering & the code reset.

I've been driving with this for a couple of months now with no driving issues.

Driving back from Heathrow this week my Engine managment light has now come up? I took it to my mechanic again and his fault code read the same thing as what your guy said.

A throtle sensor has come up & clicked the emisons light (same as engine managment light).

I'm taking it to a Skoda dealer Monday to have this looked at. :S

I'll let you know what is said & what the damage is.

The car itself still drives absolutley brilliant and has never missed a beat, with 128,000 on the cloack to date ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes let me know please . I'm thinking of maybe getting a vag com code reader or similar to read the codes .

Mine's only got 34000 miles on and drive's like a dream .

Well its gone in to Skoda today so i'll keep you posted on what they say! :S

Got the code reader . I can't believe it the code is for the Drivers side air bag airbag not now the fron passenger side as the dealer now said . I am not going to name and shame the Independant yet !! but seems that they are trying to take me for a ride . Seems like they haven't fixed the wire under the seat properly . I have deleted the code for now but it seems to come back on after a few days .

I spoke to Local Skoda garage over the phone and they said from what i described to them that they would remove the drivers seat . Take out the airbag wiring from a 98p plastic plug and then resolder the airbag wire .Cost to do £90.00

Don't know what the idependant has done probably just reset the light ??

Any views anyone else have the same issues or no what the fix is .

The code reader is a Maxscan vag405 £65.00 delivered from ebay fantastic bit of kit .

Edited by bluevrs200

Thats about right with what i've been charged. Mine was around £90 for the wiring to be re-soldered.

Engine managment light was two things

1. throttle sensor needs to be replaced

2. EGV (exhaust gas valve) is also something recomended at the next service however should be fine till service :S

The sensor is on order due to being on back order so when done i'll let you know the prices.

That code reader sounds like a great piece of kit, i'll looking to get one over the next month or two :yes:

At least I can check out the fault rather than going to my garage!