New Octy Scout 1.8FSi

Andy W

Hi All! After ordering it at the beginning of October and having almost given up hope of ever seeing it - the new 10 plate Octy scout 1.8FSi in anthracite (that's metallic grey to you and me) actually arrived a couple of weeks ago!!! So far it has proved worth the wait and am looking forward to finishing running it in before I find out how well it really goes. I must confess to having had a tear in my eye when i waved goodbye to my venerable R reg BMW 323i which I loved in the same way that you get attached to an old jacket or pair of slippers, but it had just gone beyond the point of being economical to keep it going for another year and round of replacing yet more worn out parts. The Beemer went, handled and stopped better than any other regular saloon I've ever driven, partly helped by the Schnizter suspension, (although I was mightly impressed with a go in a dealer's VRS) but a growing family and a wife who hated the low slung saloon and wanted an X5 have by way of compromise led to a new Scout. The scout is a different driving experience, no less satisfying, just different. Anyway, I look forwards to many happy years of Skoda ownership. The first thing I would like to do is to replace the standard speakers and install my old Soundstream amp -

So if anyone can advise on:

i) how to remove and replace the speakers

ii) which are the best aftermarket ones to go for and

iii) where the best place to install a fairly sizeable amp in an Octy estate is I'd be very grateful for any advise.

I'm going to be at the Detling kit car show on easter Sunday if anyone else is going and spots me in the car park - can't imagine they'll be too many other 10 plate Scouts there! - Please say hello!

Cheers

Andy W

Hia Andy, welcome to the world of Skoda! Driving with a smile, tee hee hee

as for the answers to your q's

i) crowbar and hammer - used gently

ii) amstrad - make mr sugar happy

iii) middle rear seat - seat belted for noise reduction tho

happy driving tisha